Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Beats from today\'s session, yup, this is standard for me

What's worse? A bad beat or a cold deck? Who knows, they both suck and you experienced both in the same session. Unless you have a tilt proof constitution, take a break.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these all suck, but half really arent that bad. If this is happening every day however, you have my condolences

[/ QUOTE ]
this has been happening to me every session for the last 2 weeks. im getting really sick of it. people call my raises with BS, which is EXACTLY what i want, but what happens is what i dont want. i end up losing big pots because i flop a set, overpair etc. and they hit a straight on the turn or river, playing their 45s. and the bad thing is, im not even a loose player yet the players are so bad that they call my 8x bb raises with junk and suck out. the last tourney i played in was a free tourney on AP; basically full of fish. 10 minutes into it, i get QQ utg and push, knowing somebody would call with something mediocre. girl calls with only 1/3 of my chips with 22... flop is 2 4 5 and im a short stack. i managed to battle back, and two hours later i get KK on the button, folds to me i pop it up to 6x the BB knowing the BB chip leader would atleast call. he runs the timer down to zero and says good luck, i already qualified for the main event. and he pushes and i know what he has and i instacall. i was right, AK. he hits his 3 outer on the river and im done instead of being the chip leader. and then a little while after that i join a 25 nl table, i get QQ in middle position, utg raises to $1, i raise to $4, button goes all in for $7, utg goes all in and i call. what am i up against? A7o and 99. i wouldntve been mad if the ace wouldve hit, but a 9 came on the river and i was done for the night [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] this has been standard for me.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:18 AM

Ben, you really are beginning to sound like me. But after 2 weeks of having it happen I still had an optimistic perspective that everyone goes on bad runs. I waited until after 2 months and a newly added bad beat forum to begin to share.

Enjoy!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:39 PM

Python,

I just sat down at your table when this happened:

Hero ($398.49)
CO ($27.65)
Button ($302.31)
SB ($199)
BB ($169)
UTG ($201.53)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8, 8. SB posts a blind of $1.
1 fold, Hero raises to $7, 1 fold, Button calls $7, 1 fold, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($22) 6, A, 8 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $15, Button calls $15, BB calls $15.

Turn: ($67) 3 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $50, Button folds, BB calls $147 (All-In), Hero calls $97.

River: ($361) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $361

Results in white below:
BB has Ah Ad (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has 8d 8h (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: BB wins $361.

I couldn't believe it...played the hand back to my wife on PT to show her and she gasped as well.

To your credit, you didn't go on tilt after the hand, playing good tight poker. Hang in there.