Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Point conversion at Absolute

I had a nice phone call from the Absolute Rewards Program folks this afternoon. They wanted to make sure I was aware of the 25,000-ARP tourneys they are doing on Sunday (which I was) and also offered to convert my ARPs to cash if I preferred that.

"What conversion rate?", I asked, and got a bunch of mumbling about how it depends on a variety of things, but was then quoted an offer that worked out to just over 500 ARPs per dollar.

Considering that the 25K-for-$12500 ARP games have been filling up, the conversion rate in tournaments is 1000 ARPs per dollar, so I happily accepted the free cash.

An $8 thank-you gift for every time I deposited a thousand dollars on bonus day and withdrew it 48 hours later is a darn sight better than how some sites have treated their bonus chasers lately, isnt it? (They've quit giving you 4 ARPs per dollar deposited now... but it was still nice while it lasted.)

Anyone else gotten the call lately?
Old 05-13-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Point conversion at Absolute

Got a call this afternoon from a nice guy from Absolute. He wanted to tell me I had like 31K ARPs and that I could use them as entries into tournaments. I asked if there was anything else I could use them for and he said he could convert them into $65 cash with no restrictions. Done.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:16 PM

Can you contact them to convert your points, or do you need to wait for this special phone call?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Haha, I love this. i had 60k pts and never really planned on playing there again. I probably took 5-800 in bonus off that site, and now they just gave me $103 for my points. The site still sucks but I'll take it. Do they expect me to play with the money or does no strings attatched really mean what it says?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:23 AM

Dude if Absolute just fixed its softawre and allowed 4 tables, I'd play there instead of Party. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 AM

Apparently they are planning to open up a store very soon.

I am sure these recent 25,000 ARP tourny's and also the offer to convert to cash is there way of trying to reduce the number of points players have before they launch the store.

Now I have played in a couple of these tournies but I am not planning to use up all my points before they launch the store as I would not be surprised if they may have a slightly higher value once the store is open.

Don't get me wrong it's great that AP is finally offering some value to all the points players have collected, but I would not be surprised if there strategy right now is to try and get people to convert them to cash or use them up in the APR tournies.

It just may be + EV to hold on to some and see the value of them once the store opens.

Instinct
Old 05-14-2005, 01:51 AM

Absolute needs to: Speed up its software, Switch to 10 Max instead of 9, and Allow 4 tabling instead of 3.

If they'd fix TWO of those three I'd play there almost exclusively.

If they fixed ONE, I'd play there a great deal.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:28 AM

Lets speculate:

-Absolute Leather Jacket (20k Points)
-Flimsy Frisby (3k Points)
-Just Above Plastic Poker Chips (15k Points)
-Can't Cost more than 3 cents Cards (4k Points)
-Ugly Key Chain (1k Points)
-Poloshirt to wash your Car with (10k Points)
-Baseball Cap You'd Never Wear (5k Points)

My guesses.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you contact them to convert your points, or do you need to wait for this special phone call?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody know the answer? I'd like to convert mine but I don't see where you do it.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute needs to: Speed up its software, Switch to 10 Max instead of 9, and Allow 4 tabling instead of 3.

If they'd fix TWO of those three I'd play there almost exclusively.

If they fixed ONE, I'd play there a great deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've fired off email to CUSTOMER support (tech is a waste of time) with a list of 2+2 generated complaints. I've recieved a response beyond thank you for email. They actually thanked me for suggestions and would look at my list of gripes and complaints. We shall see what happens.

I didn't put 10max because that is near the bottom of my gripes. The crap software made about 9 entries with variations on 3 table limits blow making up 3 or 4 more along with 4 or 5 on the eyesore graphics.

Send email to CS. If enough people gripe they might change it. God knows if I didn't have to sleep between hands and deal with the headache inducing color scheme and clutter I'd play more.