Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Dell called this evening to ask if I really did order a 2001FP.

Apparently the reason my LCD was held up is because I have different billing and shipping addresses, as I am away from home right now. In fact, no one is at my home right now and apparently Dell has been calling there for the last two days. So they started looking through phone books, found an office number that forwarded it to a cell phone and finally found me. Now they ship it!

I guess that's a good reason, eh?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Dell called this evening to ask if I really did order a 2001FP.

shipping is usually pretty quick. I know that you have thought about getting one for a while now and its gotta be annoying to have a delay after finally deciding to take the plunge. Its worth the wait. Hopefully it shows up soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the reason my LCD was held up is because I have different billing and shipping addresses, as I am away from home right now. In fact, no one is at my home right now and apparently Dell has been calling there for the last two days. So they started looking through phone books, found an office number that forwarded it to a cell phone and finally found me. Now they ship it!

I guess that's a good reason, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that it's a pain in the butt when things don't flow the way you wanted it to, but you should be extremely happy in Dell that they would go through all of this to prevent people from getting ripped off.

It reminds me of a thread a couple months ago. Some guy was pissed because Party froze his account. He lived in England but was currently on an extended vacation in Greece. He tried funding his account with his credit card, Party noticed the difference in location and wanted verification from him.

Sure it sucked that he was having issues, but as the same in your case, the issues were a company doing what all companies should do to prevent theft.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:06 PM

Oh yeah I definitely agree, which is why I said it's a good reason! Makes me feel better, that's for sure. Prevents Dell from having to deal with a withdrawn CC payment too :-P.

I am looking forward to it guys! It's just frustrating waiting :-(.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah I definitely agree, which is why I said it's a good reason! Makes me feel better, that's for sure. Prevents Dell from having to deal with a withdrawn CC payment too :-P.

I am looking forward to it guys! It's just frustrating waiting :-(.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn it, im in the same boat. different billing and shipping address. my problem is that it takes forever to get in touch with their customer support. and their live chat feature never works for me. so frustrating. guess ill try again tomorrow during business hours.

patient77
Old 10-20-2005, 10:27 AM

They got mad that I didn't have a home phone just a cell and the fact I live in an apartment and didn't get the number at the end. Oh well, glad not to be ripped off.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:40 AM

Had the same thing happen to me last night, although thankfully they were able to get a hold of me the same day, so there was no real delay in the shipping. They said it happens all the time. I told them to make their website better. They said, yeah we'll think about it after we're done selling tons and tons of stuff.

As an aside, I can't wait for the thing to arrive.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:52 AM

Dell's good like that. They caught someone who managed to steal my fathers credit card and use it to purchase a system, but because they had it sent to a different address than where we previously had things sent, they stopped it before it even was shipped.