Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2003, 12:08 PM

Default Favorite Hands

Does anybody have a favorite hand that they play even when the situation would call for a fold?

For me its 76 suited. I won a couple of giant pots with it (Diamonds both times) and now I'll play it from almost anywhere.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Favorite Hands

Well as of right now, i would have to say its probably 66, preferably red ones. I was dealt it 3 times in an online tourney where I ended up heads up with someone all in ... they had KK, KK, AK ... I won all 3 hands, went on to build a huge chip lead and win the tourney.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:26 PM

The first pot I ever won was with AcJc in LP in my 1st orbit. I flopped a 4 flush, caught a club on the turn, and won 12BB's. I always love seeing AcJc.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:15 PM

I'm partial to 3-4 suited. Not all the time but it's a good one to use for misdirection type plays.
One time I capped it on the BB with 7 way action in a 10-20 game.Flopped the small end of a straight-flush!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Another time I got intercepted trying to steal the blinds by the button. For appearence sake I capped that one too. This time I flopped a wheel and the button flopped a set of A's. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] We both happily got as much money as we could into the pot and he went on big tilt afterwards. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2003, 11:25 PM

Pocket 7's, I will play them and cap them from and position other then that I will stick to my premiums.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:38 AM

Boy am I boring. My favorite hand is A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] , followed closely by A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] .

I'll play both hands from any position preflop. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 04:08 AM

It's a very bad/unprofitable idea to get attatched to hands that you like or have won you pots in the past. Unless of course you're JTG51 who is partial to Aces. I don't give a hoot what hand I have as long as I play it perfectly on all streets.

PokerPrince
Old 02-23-2003, 06:37 AM

I think a better question is "What is the hand you hate to play but have trouble folding preflop?"

For me KQo from early position.

Billy
Old 02-23-2003, 08:47 AM

"Does anybody have a favorite hand that they play even when the situation would call for a fold?"

I had one for a while. K-7 of diamonds. I won a $7500 no-limit pot with it. I started with $2500 and tripled up, but not from two guys. The pot was six-way for $400 each before the flop. Fluky how all that happened. Then the flop was K-5-x and I got all-in against the livest player in the world, who had pocket fives for a set. I hit king on the turn and seven on the river to fill. I gave back about a grand of it, to the $20-40 players, getting spunky with K-7 of diamonds in ill-advised spots, before I got over it, thank goodness.

Tommy
Old 02-23-2003, 10:07 AM

'Does anybody have a favorite hand that they play even when the situation would call for a fold? '

probably TT.