Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Who Won the Second Debate?

Old 10-08-2004, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Who Won the Second Debate?

The poll is open.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:58 PM

Default John \"I Have a Plan\" Kerry

There is nothing that Kerry won't say to get elected. His mantra is "I have a plan, but I can't tell you now".

If I was grading the debate of delivery and smoothness, then John F. Kerry won (he was John G. Kerry but he had a name change to he could be JFK, Hmmmm, I wonder why??).

If I was scoring the debate who was the most credible, then GWB won.

Kerry's delivery is smooth and I fear that many of the weak-minded undecided will actually believe his BS. If Kerry gets elected, it will be the election of another 1-term Jimmy Carter wimp. Then once again, Americans will get fed up and elect another Reagan..... Hopefully this President will know how to use a veto pen...
Old 10-08-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Re: John \"I Have a Plan\" Kerry

[ QUOTE ]
His mantra is "I have a plan, but I can't tell you now".

[/ QUOTE ]

This equals "I am full of crap...but I'm telling you what you want to hear. Vote for me!"
Old 10-08-2004, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His mantra is "I have a plan, but I can't tell you now".

[/ QUOTE ]

This equals "I am full of crap...but I'm telling you what you want to hear. Vote for me!"

[/ QUOTE ]He referenced his website a couple times- there are much more detailed plans there.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 PM

Can anyone tell me what the Presidents plan is because I haven't heard it either?

Honestly I believe that we are going to be in Iraq for a very long time, just like we are still in Germany, Japan, & Korea. The difference is under GWB the rest of the world is going to believe we are there for the oil (and we probally are) not protecting democracy from the Red Mence.

I don't know if Kerry can convice other nations to help share the burden in Iraq, but I know GWB can't. How long can we substain troop levels over 100,000?
Old 10-08-2004, 11:29 PM

I can't believe someone challenges Kerry's credibility, and acts like Bush has actually told the truth during his presidency. Just because the campaign to label Kerry a flip flopper has been more effective, doesn't mean that Bush has been straight with the American people. It also amazed me that even after the press conference where Bush couldn't answer the question about mistakes he's made, he once again didn't have a reasonable answer. We all make mistakes, George W. Bush thinks he's better than the rest of us though.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe someone challenges Kerry's credibility, and acts like Bush has actually told the truth during his presidency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bush told the truth about Iraq. I don't understand how you can say otherwise. Every major inteligence unit in the world was saying so. I will challenge Kerry's credibility. And it's easy to do. He plays both sides of the field depending on how much its convenient. He does this way too much. Also, look at his voting record. If thats not proof, I don't know what is. I've posted tons of threads on this.

[ QUOTE ]
Just because the campaign to label Kerry a flip flopper has been more effective, doesn't mean that Bush has been straight with the American people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically I will agree. But I still think Bush is far more candid with the public than Kerry.

[ QUOTE ]
It also amazed me that even after the press conference where Bush couldn't answer the question about mistakes he's made, he once again didn't have a reasonable answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't see that. But I will agree, I didn't like his answer at tonights debate. He should of listed three mistakes. Instead he talked about Iraq. That is a minus in my book. He also mentioned he appointed some bad people. Ok answer, but easy out. That is a small minus in my book.

[ QUOTE ]
We all make mistakes, George W. Bush thinks he's better than the rest of us though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bush knows he has faults. Just look at his Arnold comment at the RNC.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:56 AM

Even Bush's "mistake", his appointments, reeks of an inablility to admit a mistake and the need to blame others. Implied is, those I appointed screwed up, not really me. The appointments were bad, and I don't want to embarass them by naming them. Why? It was YOUR mistake, right?

THE BUCK STOPS HERE! President Harry S. Truman (Dem.)
Old 10-09-2004, 01:04 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Even Bush's "mistake", his appointments, reeks of an inablility to admit a mistake and the need to blame others. Implied is, those I appointed screwed up, not really me. The appointments were bad, and I don't want to embarass them by naming them. Why? It was YOUR mistake, right?

THE BUCK STOPS HERE! President Harry S. Truman (Dem.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This question was an obvious set-up by a liberal activist. We all know that liberal reporters have been asking this at every opportunity. They want me to admit that Iraq was a mistake, when in fact it was not a mistake.

Poor job of selecting the people to ask questions, and poor job by Gibson in keeping the topics balanced. But such tricks are to be expected from liberals.