Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: 107% ROI idol

Bo will never win as he is not *pop* enough for America. That is why Carrie can not win either. It will be Anwar and Mario final two, and I give the edge to Anwar, that guy is gOOt.

Mario and Anwar THAT is the mortal lock.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:58 AM

Hey Granny:

Can you say how much you made last season and how much you expect to make this season with these bets?.

TIA
Old 03-08-2005, 11:22 AM

Critter's take on the competition:

My concern with Bo is when he is the weeks he is stuck with a theme that just doesn't fit his talent. I do believe Bo has the best talent but he may be at the mercy of the producers and the themes that are picked.

Mario doesn't have the range in his voice to do it all and can have a couple tough weeks as well. That said his stage presence and charisma is better than Bo or Anwar.

Anwar has the range and experience to be the most flexible of the front runners. He will porbably be steady throughout with his worst performance better than Bo's and Mario's but his best performances will not be shine as bright as Mario's and Bo's.

Carrie is a farm girl, knows critters, and is near and dear to Critterdude's, eh hmmm... heart. I look forward to watching her every week but 1 of the guys win this.

To sum up Mario and Bo will have weeks that they are in jeapordy where Anwar won't leading to the top 3. Provided 1 or both make it to final 3 Anwar's chances decrease.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:36 AM

I don't follow American Idol too much, but I saw it last night and have caught bits and pieces over the last couple weeks. Don't have a guess on a winner, since I never know what the stupid public will like, although I do reflect Granny's sentiments from a while back that the winner will have gonads.

But, I do think that Anwar is BY FAR the most talented. Hands down. Frankly, I don't think there's a question about how much better he is than everybody else, and there are a couple pretty damn good singers in the group.

I like the black guy who sang the Bobby Brown song, too (don't remember his name). He's probably the worst singer of the group, but he's a great performer. And you know all the ladies want to do him.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, I do think that Anwar is BY FAR the most talented.

[/ QUOTE ]

As anyone following knows, I have said this from day one, although some tone deaf Kanucks may not agree [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

That being said, was anyone surprised to hear Simon tell Bo that it was his to lose?? Granted Bo is good, but I thought that comment both jumped the gun, and was an insult to Anwar and maybe even Carrie or Mario
Old 03-08-2005, 12:09 PM

BTW......
I also think Mario performing sans hat made him look like a tool, and probably cost him some teeny-bopper votes.....
I just thought he looked a lot like Tom Jones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 12:32 PM

You are about to take a bath on Travis Tucker

well, duhh.

that was my fun play. they cost $2. not too wet of a bath, so i'll be fine.

it really is a shame that you don't see the talent in anwar. i'm assuming it is the tone problems. he is the best singer in american idol history.. BY FAR
Old 03-08-2005, 12:33 PM

bought carrie for beans

and that is what she is worth long term.

she won't make top 3
Old 03-08-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Granny:

Can you say how much you made last season and how much you expect to make this season with these bets?.

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

profit last year was about 8k. profit this year expected to be same or more.

if people follow my advice and put every dime in anwar and bo, it does not mean they can't cash on both.

let's pick easy numbers and say they are top 2 selling for 60 and 40 respectively. let's say it is apparent that the performer selling for 60 is going to win. if you have stones, you sell your contracts on the 40 guy, and hold the other and get 100 each. total = 140 on the combination.

but to be perfectly safe, you could hold the bo & anwar's to end and get 100.

the power of the play this year was the ability to shiitcan mario early. taking the favorite out allowed these contract combinations.

i stand behind the "mario can't win" prediction

same for carrie (who has less of a chance than mario of winning it)
Old 03-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Nice coin. What would you say your risks in this betting venture were/are?.