Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2004, 03:49 AM

Default big MTT strategies

Okay, I'm a pretty successful cash game player at the 100 NL tables, but I'm looking to get into the tournament scene. I've played a couple 20+2's and 30+3's, but have yet to finish in the money. I don't really have trouble getting past the early rounds, but I struggle in the mid-game because I am usually short stacked. I don't know if I'm not being aggressive enough or what, but I get scared on middle pairs and stuff and don't bet them for fear of being crippled if someone does call. When I have those middle pocket pairs I usually do not raise and I give them up easily after the flop. Should I be more agressive post flop with them? Maybe im not playing enough hands (maybe should be playing more of the A7 and a8's later in position or raising with them?) How often do you guys bluff? If anyone has good suggestions to improve my big tournament play I'd be very appreciative.

Also is there any way to get a hand history of a person's entire tourney? I'd love to sit and learn from one that makes it to the final table or somewhere near it.