Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Stars $3R satellite tournament

So I decided to play the Stars $3R sat to their Sunday $500k last night at 9pm PDT. It took nearly five hours, and the last hour of that was five or six of the eight people at my table playing as slowly as possible so the blinds didn't eat them up on the bubble. I'd be surprised if we saw twenty hands in the last hour of the tournament.

Couple that with the fact that, once the tournament was over (three people busted simultaneously on a different table, so everyone left had won a seat), it still took two minutes to complete because two of the morons at my table were still delaying -- during hand-for-hand! -- and apparently didn't realize it was done.

So my question is: Is this typical of all of the cheap rebuy sats to the $500k (the $3Rs at different times and the $11Rs)? I've seen one or two people attempt to slow down a table on the bubble before, but I've never encountered a situation where nearly the entire table was doing it. If it's typical, I'll likely avoid these sats in the future.