Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Simple KK preflop.

Call and get it all in on the flop.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one advocates calling the rr and playing some poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line of thinking, except the call is approx 1/3 of his stack. Wouldn't the flop bet be close to if not the rest of your stack? Are you saying it is more likely that he can get the rest of the Villian's money in the pot if he just calls the re-raise and then leads out?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:21 PM

I was at the table when this happened. The guy was a donk and had done plenty of questionable things. Maybe you hadn't been there long enough to see them, but folding was terrible. When you folded, I figured you must have had A-K or J-J or something and just didn't want ot risk it. Unless you have a solid read, I think you call this just about every single time. And against this particular guy, you should have called.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:50 PM

calling seems wrong for a couple of reasons, you give a worse hand to outdraw you for "free" and what do u do on an ace high flop? I think u have to either move in or muck, /w no reads i push.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:55 PM

If you push preflop you give him a chance to fold and you will still lose the hand if he outflops you. Better just to call and check it to him where he will be guaranteed to put it all in no matter what. Sure, you give a 'free' card to AT to catch an ace (he only paid $60 for it when you could have charged him more). But he might just be completely bluffing in which case he will fold if you push but push if you check it to him. And if he isn't completely bluffing, he will call your push anyways and the best hand will win at showdown anyways.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:07 PM

Pushing is stupid.

AA calls and everything else folds.

Ryan
Old 09-14-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling seems wrong for a couple of reasons, you give a worse hand to outdraw you for "free" and what do u do on an ace high flop? I think u have to either move in or muck, /w no reads i push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this thread for a good read. Was only one raise in this thread but it seems very similar.

Limon on KK facing big raise PF

Old 09-14-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one advocates calling the rr and playing some poker?

i think this is the superior play in this situation. if u push he most likely only calls with AA. if u call u may out flop him or get yourself in a situation where u get more value out of hands u beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. WTF is the logic behind pushing here? Hammer him into folding the worst hand preflop? WPT announcers are rubbing off.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:51 PM

Nice link, limon is awesome.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the table when this happened. The guy was a donk and had done plenty of questionable things. Maybe you hadn't been there long enough to see them, but folding was terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was four-tabling also, so I might have missed something. Assuming he's a LAG donk, I wouldn't have folded if I'd noticed. Against a random opponent, I think this is Aces a majority of the time in this game -- the fold was still an extremely tough decision, obviously.

As for what to do besides folding, why not push? If he's dumb enough to do that w/ QQ, AK, etc., do you really think he's folding for $150 more? I don't like calling at all. If an Ace flops, it might scare me off the best hand or scare him off of a worse one.