Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: how careful?

Well, a read would be helpful here, but if BB Bets into me as I'm sure he will, I think I just call here. With that much broadway on the board, I don't think he's betting this much without two pair, so I think the full house possibilities are likely, although not definite.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM

grunch:

if you raise the bet that is coming on the river, you're spewing.

looks like the BB has AA

Also, fold preflop when it's 2 more back to you. you do not want to be in a capped flop with K10s.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:15 PM

*grunch*

First off, why did you call on the flop? The pot is quite large, so slowplaying isn't really indicated, if that was the plan.

As for the river - that's a tough one. You're behind AQ, QQ, AA, JJ, or QJ, any of which would justify the kind of action your opponents were giving you on the flop and turn. I could believe KQ, KK, or AK also, because people play those hands crazily. So I'm guessing we're behind 5/8 of the time, here. Since you are only going to get 1:1 on any money you put in on the river, and there's no way you are getting BB to fold, I check/call.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Grunch:

There is no reason to slowplay on the flop. The pot is already huge and there is a possible flush draw against you, not to mention that it hit EVERYBODY!

Raise right away.

On the river: Boy, that sucks. I think you lose this hand most of the time. I would call the bet from BB.

If BB checks, can we bet for value? I don't think so.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:22 PM

Grunch:

That's a really tough pf call OOP IMO. I probably limp/fold to a 3 bet, but I'm usually very tight UTG. I raise the flop and let the BB cap and then I call. At this point, he could be on a flush draw, but a made hand is more likely. At this point, you are either ahead or tied with him. BUT, what does MP2 have? Is he tilting off his last $ trying to hit a miracle card or is he also representing a premium hand?

Capping the turn is a no brainer.

On the riv, I assume he bets and honestly, I probably only call him here. As it stands, QQ, AA, AQ, or JJ beat you (I do not count 77 or Q7 as very likely); KK, any club draw, or other 2 pr lose to you. Unless your read of the BB is very LAG, I think I call. Big freakin' pot and I really wish MP2 had folded somewhere.