Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Partys WSOP Package

Just won the Party 5000 point freeroll to the wsop anyone know any of the details of this package($13500) What hotel when do you check in stuff like that is airfair included?/

Thanks
Old 05-19-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Partys WSOP Package

nice going. congrats.

party will get back to you somewhere before 2008 with the details I'm sure.

some people have talked about it here.

I don't remember which hotel...maybe the MGM??

I think you get $1500 cash for travel.

The details might be somewhere on their site.

I'm sure someone here will be able to provide better details.
There was a big thread last week about the exaggeratedness of the hotel-fee. (they are taking $2k of the package to pay for your hotel...but you aren't really getting $2k worth of hotel was the basic argument).
Old 05-19-2005, 01:37 AM

Maybe they're hooking you up with a nice room at the MGM.

I don't know if rooms are going for a premium around the ME, but I was looking to go to Vegas around June 10th-ish and MGM was $200 a night. Figure they're putting you up 7 or 8 nights at least and 2k sounds about right.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:40 AM

Man, this is a GREAT question to ask Party Poker.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:41 AM

well then maybe it's not MGM (I know diddly-squat about Vegas for the most part) and is some other place. Because in the thread last week the dude was insisting that the hotel-value was definitely NOT $2k worth.

To answer your other question...those in the B&M forum who are from Vegas say that a few thousand people showing up for the WSOP is nothing by Vegas standards and that they have MUCH bigger conventions there all the time.
Since it's such a small blip they don't really expect hotels to be booked or hotel-rates to be affected too badly.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:01 AM

Also, July is a slower time of year for Vegas (as compared to the April/May time when the WSOP was held in the past). So, off-season + no other major conventions = minor blip on the radar for Vegas.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:53 AM

Default details

It is 9 nights (originally was 10) at the MGM, commencing on July 6, and $1,700 deposited into your PP account (originally was $1,500, bumped up by $200 in lieu of the 10th night of hotel).

After 5 nights, you have the option to check out and receive $800 in lieu of the last 4 nights of hotel. This offer is good only after 5 nights--according to their email, if you check out on any other day, you do not get a refund.

I received the email with the details a few weeks after I won my seat (Step 6). I would guess you'll receive yours sooner than that.

I was told that they are going to buy everyone into the tournament in June. I *assume* at that time you'll receive your seating assignment and find out what day you are starting on.

I do not believe the MGM is worth $200/night (which is what Party deducted from the prizepool I won). On the MGM website, you can book a room for $149/night for the same nights.

Congratulations.