Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2004, 10:48 PM

Default Hollywood - S\'port Trip Report

We were transferred to the great nation of Texas this summer from New Orleans and I have been in live poker room withdrawal ever since. Finally made it over to the Hollywood in Shreveport for the 1st time since they opened their poker room. We got their on a Thursday evening about 7 P.M. and the room was packed. There are 7 tables. Finally got on a 4/8 table after a 2 hour wait. All I played was 4/8, but they have started no limit and have pot limit. The players were very loose for the most part and it was normal for about 5 to 8 to see a flop. Lots of chasers so there was the normal river rats running you down. The room was smoky because most all of the people smoked a lot. But the action was good. I played Friday and Friday night late and the room was packed the whole time. I have played a lot over at Biloxi and New Orleans, and I think that there was a lot more loose gooses here, at least for the 2 days we were there. I will definitely go back when I get the chance. They give you 1-1/2 hours to go eat which is nice, because if you give up your chair you will be waiting for hours to get another seat. I guess I will be making the journey over to Lake Charles to try those rooms out next.