Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Who\'s the white rapper looining guy who\'s always playing at...?

I have seen this guy almost everyday for over two years. I dont know about lately , but when they first started runnng nL cash games again a little less than 2 years ago, he was said to be killing the 10/20nl moreso than anybody else.

I doubt he is the same as anyone mentioned previously that was known for acting out. Ive never played with , but Im there a whole lot, and I dont even know if Ive heard him speak.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:01 AM

You may be talking about the guy who patented the slogan Big Pappy. He got D. Ortiz's manager to get him to use the slogan in a press conference or some [censored] like that and he sells tons of merchandise from baby clothes to whatever with his slogan. I have played many times in the 5/10 and 10/20 NL games with this guy who is a tall skinny white kid that wears bling.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:24 AM

I spotted an "older white rapper" guy while I was playing 1/2 at the Rio in June '05 (WSOP time). Track suit, bling bling, sunglasses, I think he had a small hoop earring, and he seemed to be a regular from what I noticed. This guy definitely stood out from the crowd. From looking at his face, he had to be in his late 30's, early 40's or ??? I don't even know.

Any low levellers ever see this guy around?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 PM

Not tall, and doesnt play at Wynn.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw this guy the last time I was there - it was hard not to laugh out loud. He was playing some decent sized games though so I guess he has me there. You should email Linda at pokerworks I'm sure she would know.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

deathdonkey. is this the guy who was playing at your and brightens 30 game that i sweated? the one with the full tilt jersey and mega iced out bracelet thing? ive been amused by that guy ever since that day, especially the insanely retarded stuff he was saying.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
I sat next to that guy in the game with dd and brighten, and while he was pretty douchy I'm pretty sure he is not the same guy the OP is talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

but back me up on his hilariousness and blinged outness at least!!

rj
Old 12-01-2005, 09:47 PM

I was at the Bellagio railbirding (admittedly poor form) for a few moments and saw the guy you mean, there he was really looking way out of place. My brother grabbed a picure, I will find it and post it. No idea who though.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:49 PM

please post it... thanks. this might end some confusion.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw this guy the last time I was there - it was hard not to laugh out loud. He was playing some decent sized games though so I guess he has me there. You should email Linda at pokerworks I'm sure she would know.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

deathdonkey. is this the guy who was playing at your and brightens 30 game that i sweated? the one with the full tilt jersey and mega iced out bracelet thing? ive been amused by that guy ever since that day, especially the insanely retarded stuff he was saying.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
I sat next to that guy in the game with dd and brighten, and while he was pretty douchy I'm pretty sure he is not the same guy the OP is talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

but back me up on his hilariousness and blinged outness at least!!

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, of course, he was absolutely ridiculous. He would constantly do [censored] like limp K7o in MP1 all the while talk about playing 100/200 online.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:35 AM

Well I guess he isn't tall, but just looks so from how skinny he is. I would go with your estimates on height. A little taller than me.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio?

He's probably not a rapper, but since going to Bellagio for the past year, Ive seen him there the majority of the time. Hes a higher stakes player. He's a skinny white boy about 5'11" or 6'. I think he plays 10/20 NL and 80/160. He wears glasses, and some sort of malibu's-most-wanted-looking tracksuit with a matching hat usually. He's also pretty iced out, typically wearing a pretty sweet bling bling chain. Does anyone know who Im talking about?

Anyway, Im just curious about who he is, since he stands out a bit in that place. What does he do for a living? Is he a drug dealer? Cuz that would be sweet. For all I know he plays cards for a living. Does anyone know if hes even a winning player?

Peace out g.

[/ QUOTE ]

His name is Jay. He was playing $15-$30 fulltime in 2003 while I was too. Nice guy, plays good. Moved up to $80-$160 quickly in 2004. Probably solid winner in whatever game he plays. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would play too big.