Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: 11s tight as hell lately?

[ QUOTE ]
If they are truly playing tight shouldn't you be stealing more?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of stealing 15/30 blinds???

It's of course nice if everyone busts in these early levels....but frankly, only as a short stack on level 3 or a medium stack on level 4 can one gain much by stealing blinds (in the 800 chip sngs anyway). As far as I can tell, as long as chips are being dumped from bad mistakes at *some* point during a tournament, the good player gains. Whether most of the bad players want to dump chips earlier or later won't make a huge difference. Tournaments may take a bit longer...but I've seen bad players generally self destruct all at the same time when the blinds get 'higher'....rather than very slowly.

Luminous
Old 06-17-2005, 02:16 PM

Yes its been extremely frustrating for me. I keep having the situation where the BB walks 3-4 straight hands and the next one I push and get called. Bad timing I guess, but it just sucks having to take so many chances to get ITM.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:19 PM

I've been playing a few $11s lately (testing with a few more tables). I haven't noticed any difference to previously. Very beatable.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:06 PM

I have posted this same thing before and have got flamed for it, it was probably just that time of the day, relatively 11's will always be easy, and if they are that right good practice in a way for the higher levels. I usually play later in thevening or afternoon but the 11's your find that they are mostly donks, pushing early with and A and another face card.
Good luck
Old 06-17-2005, 07:14 PM

I have noticed that the 11's seem tighter lately. Especially today, there have been 7-9 players left at level 4 in the majority of the tables I've played. Makes it much more difficult to double up in the early levels. Plus they have not so good calling standards whenever someone tries to steal.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:22 PM

I was just gonna comment that the 20s (and 10s) are particularly bad today. Bad from level 1 to heads up. Just awful.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:17 PM

I feel like time of day might be a big part of it, and I guess a lot of it is just random chance. Today I played a few $11s on Party Poker, and in one of them everyone had over 700 in chips goin into level 2. In another one, 2 people went out on the first hand (with king high and ten high against the nut straight... wtf???) with someone else going out on the 2nd hand. I think the fish are still out there... sometimes you just get unlucky and end up at a table of tighties.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:25 PM

I have been playing continuously at the 11s for over a week (at various times in the day) and I haven't noticed any difference. Bad players at 1pm, bad players at 5pm, bad players at 2am.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 PM

ITM LVL 3 , 3 times this week so i dont know what the this post is trying to say