Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 08:25 AM

Default AKO Button vs Small vs Big Blind

AP MTT Early stages Blinds 75/150

B-Villian (2,700)
SB-Hero (5,200)A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB- (1,200)

Villian has been very aggressive and raised the blinds several times, sometimes succesful stealing the blinds, but on a couple of ocassions he was caught stealing with weak aces. Big Blind has been conseravative. My table image is aggressive and I have the the chip lead at the table right now.

Everyone folds to the button who raises to 400

Hero reraises to to 850

Big Blind reraises all in for his last 1,200 aprox

Button reraises all in: Approx 4,900 in pot (Sorry all from memmory but very close)

My first thought is BB realizes this is just another attempt to steal and isn't going to be pushed around any more. But, then Button goes all in. What's my move here?
Resutlts to follow.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: AKO Button vs Small vs Big Blind

I would fold here.

The button could be on a stealing attemp, and i would like you to raise a bit more. The big blind then goes all in over the top from a raise and a reraise, and the button goes all in, after seeing someone coming over the top of two players.

Easy fold
Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 AM

Easy call. Late position action. I wouldn't put anyone on a big pair. Plus you are pot committed.

What is the buyin? how loose has the table been playing? How loose have your two opponents been playing? Has the button been aggressive?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:35 AM

Easy call.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:50 AM

My impressions of the Button and the SB are in the original post.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Results..

Well the fist person to answer got the correct answer. Fold should have been the right play given the action. And I almost did, until I considered the buttons table appearance.

To my dismay, Button had pocket jacks, SB AQ---I knew one of em did. Just thought it was the button with AQ.

The flop 8,J,9 the turn and river bricks and I was drawing dead by then. I'm down to around 150 in chips and busted shortly after. I knew I should have folded. I'm a dumbass.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Results..

[ QUOTE ]
Well the fist person to answer got the correct answer. Fold should have been the right play given the action. And I almost did, until I considered the buttons table appearance

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that the correct answer? You have already bet 800 and need to put in another 1900. You are getting greatr pot odds. Unless there is a really good chance the button or BB has AA or KK, you have to call.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:20 AM

Re raise alot more pre flop and trivially easy call
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 AM

Yeh, just push in response to button's raise.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Results..

[ QUOTE ]
Well the fist person to answer got the correct answer. Fold should have been the right play given the action. And I almost did, until I considered the buttons table appearance.

To my dismay, Button had pocket jacks, SB AQ---I knew one of em did. Just thought it was the button with AQ.

The flop 8,J,9 the turn and river bricks and I was drawing dead by then. I'm down to around 150 in chips and busted shortly after. I knew I should have folded. I'm a dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHHHHHHH. RESULTS ORIENTED BAD.

Given their range this is a very easy call. If they turned over their hands this is a call. This is a call. This is a call. This is a call. 5 times is enough i think. If you won the hand you never would have posted it, and you probably would pat yourself on the back too for making the right call. Stop being results oriented.