Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Trickery afoot?

I actually did not read anyone to have a group 1 here. Definatly not the two that called the raise, and the raisor's raise just didn't seem like a high pair to me.

I didn't mention implied odds, but those are obviously huge here as Cleveland (the original raisor, if he does have a high PP) can double me up and the other two have good stacks.

And no, did not get trapped by 33 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 12:29 PM

you are overestimating implied odds
Old 08-25-2005, 12:33 PM

easy fold PF.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM

You played it fine. Call the push.

The preflop call is fine for all the reasons you stated. Just flop a set next time and make life easier on yourself.

Given how this flop worked out, and especially since it's the bubble, you have got to bet this. The pot is 4200 and you have 7500 ish. I'd lead for 2400 ish (2k is fine), and call that 1500 more push. I mean the pot at that point is laying you more than 6:1, the call doesn't cripple you by any means, and I'm pretty sure you win this more than 1 in 7 times.

I just hope you called and rivered the guy.

Kings
Old 08-25-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played it fine. Call the push.

The preflop call is fine for all the reasons you stated. Just flop a set next time and make life easier on yourself.

Given how this flop worked out, and especially since it's the bubble, you have got to bet this. The pot is 4200 and you have 7500 ish. I'd lead for 2400 ish (2k is fine), and call that 1500 more push. I mean the pot at that point is laying you more than 6:1, the call doesn't cripple you by any means, and I'm pretty sure you win this more than 1 in 7 times.

I just hope you called and rivered the guy.

Kings

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason I felt confortable calling this PF was this table had generally respected me, and I had been allowed to bet at pots post flop and have it folded to me in similar situations before.

So yeah, on the flop I bet 2k. I actually thought there would be more of an argument for checking and taking my free card. I basically went into the tank and really thought about his instapush (it was very quick) and figured he had trapped. Though the math may say I should call getting 6:1, I knew I was drawing to 2 outs and layed it down, call it a feeling, call it a read. I always figured myself better than this table (it was pretty bad), and didn't want to give up my stack and felt I'd be better off waiting to fight another day with ~14 BBs instead of 10.

Villian shows A8s.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the raisor's raise just didn't seem like a high pair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet! now you have no implied odds on a set!

i'd fold pre-flop with no qualms, especially since you have the limper who may reraise (and the rest to act behind you).

then i'd check the flop. your hand is not that good multi-way.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Great point schwza - if OP does not read raiser for a big pair, where are your implied odds? They aren't there...

On the other hand, not really knowing the players at the table, seeing that this is a bubble situation and not being interested in just finishing in the money, I would seriously think about a push in this situation (pre-flop) - only thing that would scare me is if one of the callers whom have a pretty good bit of their stack in the pot has 88, 99 and might call my push. But then again, very limited reads, tough to make a decision like that since I wasn't there...

Gojacketz