Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: need more smart-ass comments to say to posers with sunglasses

hey you know the hardest part about playing poker with ray-bans on????

-what

-telling your parents you're gay
Old 06-16-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-what

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in Jr. High?
Old 06-16-2005, 04:56 PM

I tell them "I don't need them. No one can tell what I am thinking anyway." That really annoys them.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to say nothing at all. Generally the mockers of people wearing sunglasses are usually bigger tools than the actual sunglass wearers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2005, 11:23 PM

I will [censored] your girlfriend in the ass
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-what

[/ QUOTE ]

This one f-in ROCKS!
Old 06-17-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A guy playing 1/2 NL at Foxwoods on Thursday kept looking at his cards for 5 minutes, finally I asked him if he could see his cards through the glasses and that he could take them off if he needed to because I already made the bet. He didn't like it too much, called, and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
This whole thread sucks but on a moderately serious note if someone is taking a really long time I just look at the dealer and say "time" and the dealer will tell them they have X long to act. Cardrooms have actual limits for this kind of stuff, dealers work on tips, and winning players want to be dealt as many hands as possible. I could not care less at this point if someone is wearing sunglasses at the table, but I go out of my way to keep a game moving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I don't care, but it still cracks me up, especially when they play bad. I try not to, but I just can't stop laughing sometimes.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:24 AM

I wear sunglasses some times for two reasons.

One: bright lights hurt my eyes and they've got freakin police spotlights on the tables where I play. I find I can play well longer with them.

Two: It pisses people off. I don't were shades so dark you can't see my eyes, just enough to take the edge off the glare all around me. Still, nealy everyone at the table gives me [censored] about it. Sometimes I'm in the mood to do it just to bother people.

I also often take my mp3 player with me. Some of the time I use it to listen to the morning news while I'm playing. Most of the time it's turned off so I can hear people making comments at me. I just like to pretend I can't hear people. It works out because I often have a song in my head anyway, and I'm bobbing my head to the beat. Without the headphones, I just look insane.

I try hard to be pleasent at the table, alot of times I even converse with everyone even with my headphones on. Really, the head bobbing without the music making me look crazy is the biggest reason I wear them.

"Nice glasses you homosexual poser. Why don't you take your glasses off, I can see your eyes and you are a smelly stupid doofus."

"Keeping glass between our eyes keeps you from putting thoughts into my mind."
Old 06-17-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Sunglasses arent bad

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why people give such a hard time about this issue. I dont personally wear shades myself, but last friday I wished I had. I was playing 10/20 and was sitting next to a player who consistently failed to protect his cards. 4 out of 5 times when he checked his cards, I had a clear view of them from the corner of my eye. This went on for 6 hours. I could almost always tell the rank, and most times I could tell the suit. Although this guy had horrendous body odor, I didnt ask to change seats because of the tremendous advantage I was getting by seeing 4 cards prelop. I wished I had my Oakleys with me because I thought my sidelong glances were too obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

This opponent could certainly become less odious by showering and using deodorant, whereas your character-driven odiousness is probably not amenable to any such quick fixes.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I try hard to be pleasent at the table, alot of times I even converse with everyone even with my headphones on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This changes things IMO. I've played with lots of guys with glasses that act like "normal" people. It's the guy who sits motionless after he acts with glasses on that kills me.