Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Party\'s waitlist booting bug -- are we any closer to understanding it?

In the 2 yrs I've played Party, it's never once gotten any better (might even have gotten worse).

Yet my friend tells me that he's NEVER been booted from a waitlist on Party. It happens to me many times / session.

Do we have any idea what causes this thing -- so I won't do it anymore?? -- i can't make out any distinguishing pattern or behavior to associate with it. It sure is aggravating as hell though. Is it just general Party sh:ttyness??
Old 11-20-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Party\'s waitlist booting bug -- are we any closer to understanding it?

It definately seems worse lately, I wish they'd figure it out. I certaintly can't. Everytime I think I have it figured out, a new variable is added in.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Party\'s waitlist booting bug -- are we any closer to understanding

I never get booted off a waiting list, but sometimes two or more games will pop up simultaneously and if you hit the 2nd one the seat will already be reserved. That can get aggrevating, but if you slide the 2nd one down and choose the 1st one, you usually won't have a problem. Not sure why you're getting completely booted off the list if that's what you mean.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never get booted off a waiting list, but sometimes two or more games will pop up simultaneously and if you hit the 2nd one the seat will already be reserved. That can get aggrevating, but if you slide the 2nd one down and choose the 1st one, you usually won't have a problem. Not sure why you're getting completely booted off the list if that's what you mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me -- those of us who have this bug know EXACTLY what i'm talking about. Watch as you painfully slowly inch ur way up the WL on that dream table, then all of a sudden you're completely removed from the WL, and so u have nothing left to do but get back on it as #14 out of 14.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Party\'s waitlist booting bug -- are we any closer to understanding it?

But now you can play blackjack while you wait.

Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me -- those of us who have this bug know EXACTLY what i'm talking about. Watch as you painfully slowly inch ur way up the WL on that dream table, then all of a sudden you're completely removed from the WL, and so u have nothing left to do but get back on it as #14 out of 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely off the top of my head, but...

Sometimes I am able to open a table with say 9 people in the waiting list and there's an open seat. This occurs only every so often, and it is rare when I react fast enough to take it before it goes back to "reserved" status.

Is it possible that you are one of the unlucky ones who is next in line when some random dude/table sniper snags the seat before you get a chance? Then, since you were next in line, the software assumes you have taken the seat and removes you from the list.

It probably happens to me, too... But getting all my tables set up at the beginning of a session is a very stressful and disorganized half-hour so I guess I don't notice.

Just a thought.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:05 AM

I sometimes grab the seat when it opens for a sec. Sorry if I'm messing with your world teddy. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2005, 01:17 AM

Man that would suck! I wonder is it because you're choosing individual tables? I'm a little lazy when it comes to game selection. I just hop on "any" and take the first 6 seats that open.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man that would suck! I wonder is it because you're choosing individual tables? I'm a little lazy when it comes to game selection. I just hop on "any" and take the first 6 seats that open.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely off the top of my head, but...

Sometimes I am able to open a table with say 9 people in the waiting list and there's an open seat. This occurs only every so often, and it is rare when I react fast enough to take it before it goes back to "reserved" status.

Is it possible that you are one of the unlucky ones who is next in line when some random dude/table sniper snags the seat before you get a chance? Then, since you were next in line, the software assumes you have taken the seat and removes you from the list.

It probably happens to me, too... But getting all my tables set up at the beginning of a session is a very stressful and disorganized half-hour so I guess I don't notice.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also do this, but it happens all the time for me, and it's rare that the seat fills up before I have a chance to get it. I actually get into most of my games this way. I'm probably screwing someone over each time, but I don't really care.