Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Note Taking and Multi-Tabling, is it done?

To date I have been playing two $30+3 STT at Party, taking extensive notes on basically every hand (perhaps 95%). I have felt that these notes have significantly assisted my reads later in the game when assessing card ranges for my opponents as well as blind stealing and blind defending tendencies.

I am now trying to play 3-tables and take detailed notes, but I am finding that I really can't quite keep up the same notes as before and perhaps note 50-75% of my opponents play. Partly this is me not yet acclimating to the new speed at which I need to read the hand history while playing 3 tables. But it seems unlikely that if I were to go to 4-tables or more that I would ever be able to take the sort of notes I am accustomed to.

So:

1) Are multi-tablers (3+) keeping lots of notes, a few notes, or basically no notes at all?

2) If I just need to let go of my "note-blankey" in order to play more tables, what notes are of key relevance and "must" be noted when multi-tabling STTs?

3) Do multi-tablers take many notes about their own image at a given table at a particular time?

4) It seems slightly faster to make notes about how to play against another person than it is to makes notes about exactly what they did. Problem is that the read could later be mis-interpreted, so: better to note actions or exploitable tendencies?

Thanks a lot for any input.

Also, I would be eternally grateful for anyone who could point me towards threads on 2+2 about notes.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Note Taking and Multi-Tabling, is it done?

If you enjoy the edge you gain by taking notes, don't play 3+ tables.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:07 AM

why would u bother keeping notes in the 33s. heres the notes i have. if i see someone shove a lot, i know hes aggro. if i see someone walk me my blinds a lot, hes not. theres so many damn players that play the 33s and below that it doesnt even matter if you take notes. yer better off just adding tables, and not getting reads. much more +ev. holla
Old 08-29-2005, 03:27 AM

I completely agree that it will be more +EV to add more tables instead of taking notes (that realization prompted this post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I don't find the notes that useful between sessions b/c as you say, there are just too many players. But the notes can be very useful w/i the scope of one game.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:04 AM

I keep brief notes while up to 4-tabling. I note anything crazy/stupid that they do, and general tendencies (aggro, passive etc). But more importantly I try to watch EVERY hand I can, to get a feel for the players. If you don't like it, just play 1 table and work on your game.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep brief notes while up to 4-tabling. I note anything crazy/stupid that they do, and general tendencies (aggro, passive etc). But more importantly I try to watch EVERY hand I can, to get a feel for the players. If you don't like it, just play 1 table and work on your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rather nail a fat chick than 1 table. and i really really really dont ever wanna nail a fat chick. holla
Old 08-29-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i rather nail a fat chick than 1 table. and i really really really dont ever wanna nail a fat chick. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing out dude, trust me
Old 08-29-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing out dude, trust me

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard this but I'm never making it a point to do so.

to the OP: I think notes are worthless playing 4+++ tables. I play SH games and you really can get into the villians hand range and get reliable reads. Even donks get 2 pair in SNGs. Its the reliability of the reads that adds value to your notes.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:08 AM

Break me off a piece of that kit kat bar. That's what she said too.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Break me off a piece of that kit kat bar. That's what she said too.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMF... Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life... And Ive led a life.