Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 09:30 PM

Default KK near the bubble

ok, I was playin a partypoker $20+2 MTT. The blinds are 300/600 and I only have about 7900 in chips (the average chip count is about 14k at this point). I pick up KK on the button after everyone has folded to me and I double the BB (1200 chips). The SB has about 11k in chips while the BB has 7200 left. The BB moves all in and of course I call, he has A8o and I lose to a river ace.

I only doubled the bet so that I could try and collect at least something from my kings, but should I have just moved all in from the get go, at which point I would have only collected 900 but the BB might have folded? i'd appreciate any input.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: KK near the bubble

You got exactly what you were after--a chance to double up as a big favorite. Don't be results oriented; the cards won't always flop the way you want them to, and there's nothing you can do about that.

All that said, I would've raised just a little more to make sure it wasn't 3-handed. 2.5 or 3xBB should've done it.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: KK near the bubble

I'm not sure I'd push here, but I would have made it 3x the BB, but that likely would have got a push from him also, since both just look like a blind steal. Pushing might have been the only way to not lose this hand, but that would not have got you any more chips, other than the blinds.