Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Note Taking and Multi-Tabling, is it done?

I 4 table and tend to make notes only when someone does something very stupid. As Raptor says the amount of players at these lower levels makes note taking a lot less worthwhile.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I keep brief notes while up to 4-tabling. I note anything crazy/stupid that they do, and general tendencies (aggro, passive etc). But more importantly I try to watch EVERY hand I can, to get a feel for the players. If you don't like it, just play 1 table and work on your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rather nail a fat chick than 1 table. and i really really really dont ever wanna nail a fat chick. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing out dude, trust me

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, reminds me of an old joke:

How are mopeds and fat chicks the same?

<font color="white"> They're both fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on one. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] </font>
Old 08-29-2005, 08:54 AM

Like raptor said, the player pool is just too big, even at the 50's, to make note taking worth it. I use pokertracker and poker ace while 8 tabling. It is rare I have more than two people at a table I have played with before. I am quite often at a table full of players I have never played before. I don't put in the crazy hours some do since I have a full time job and a family, but still, the continual supply of new faces amazes me.

As to reads, early on I just play a reasonable game. I still get a fair amount of information, even 8 tabling. If I see someone with a big weakness, I will remeber it for the duration of the STT. Towards the end (5 players and less) things are pretty dynamic and it is not that hard to pick up on the play of others. There are just not too many ways to play the end game, and identifying opponents play is just not that hard (though a lot of times it does not matter how they play because your play will be completely dictated by the situation. For instance, if the big stack is pushing 2/3 of his hands with 4 left, and you are in 2nd with 10BB, it does not matter that you know his range is wide if he pushes in front of you and you have something like QJs or A5, you have to get out of the way.)
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 AM

They're both fun until one of your friends catches you doing it.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They're both fun until one of your friends catches you riding one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2005, 11:49 AM

It's been said, but yeah, you don't see enough repeat players at the 33's to make detailed note taking worthwhile. Do you use PT/PokerAce? That's pretty much all the infomation I need right there. I've set up the ranges so I know right away, by the color of the number, how aggressive and loose a player is, as well as how often I've played against them.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:52 AM

"OMF... Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life.."

I was gonna say the exact same thing, but OMFG.

Raptor, just saying you'd prefer to nail a fat chick says you kinda want it. I'd take having to single table for a week over having to spend just 1 min with a fat chick.

With the pic, is that guy dead?? Jesus, had to scroll down to press 'continue' and I saw those thighs again.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptor, just saying you'd prefer to nail a fat chick says you kinda want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if i said i rather hang myself than play 1 table at a time, would that mean i kinda wanna die to? just trying to.. figure out how my mind works. you know. cuz its so confusing and all as to what i want. holla
Old 08-29-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you use PT/PokerAce? That's pretty much all the infomation I need right there. I've set up the ranges so I know right away, by the color of the number, how aggressive and loose a player is, as well as how often I've played against them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one do you recommend starting off with, PT or PokerAce? Also, can you have it "on" while you play, isn't it one of the appliences that Party/Empire have forbidden?

Thanks...
Old 08-29-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you use PT/PokerAce? That's pretty much all the infomation I need right there. I've set up the ranges so I know right away, by the color of the number, how aggressive and loose a player is, as well as how often I've played against them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one do you recommend starting off with, PT or PokerAce? Also, can you have it "on" while you play, isn't it one of the appliences that Party/Empire have forbidden?

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

they cant forbid it cuz they will never know its there. it doesnt go into the servers for information or anything. im a big fan of poker office, as it has the liveupdate stats built in, and im too lazy to set up office/ace. holla