Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: This is why I\'m still at NL50...

pf looks OK to me - your call closes the betting so that's fine. ON the flop, I like the call/push so long as you're reasonably sure CO will raise. The stack sizes make a push obvious but I'd like it even if everyone was at 100BB, as a push looks like a flush draw and AK may call thinking they're a 2:1 favourite when they're a dog.

On a different point, I tend to avoid tables full of short stacks - did you especially go for this one or did it just happen that way? I like to be able to double up when I hit a hand against a donk. Having said that, calling shortstack pf AIs with anything reasonable can be very profitable [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 12:38 PM

Most of the time I fold this hand PF. However, in the long run there probably isn't much difference between calling and folding. On the flop I like the play. Either you'll see a cheap turn or you get to push against a raise. Even against a set you're in great shape.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:47 PM

I don't mind it too much. If co likes to play tricky, I don't what he's raising with there that you're behind. You can't take a free card on the turn, so I think if you're gonna raise, make it a push. The other line is to just call the ridiculous flop bet. I don't know if I like that because you can't put that much more money in when you hit your hand. Flushes straights and a j on the turn all look pretty scary. Preflop is fine. Overall nh.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time I fold this hand PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never fold qjs to one raise preflop, unless its a ginormous raise. Is this a leak?

Also, flop is fine, but you have little folding equity with the call push line, but then again, you dont need one cuz you are usually ahead here. If everyone had bigger stacks I would hate your line, cuz when you put that much in, you are only getting calls from hands you are behind, but since they are short it looks good to me.

I play 6max, If its folded to me Ill raise in any position, and limp behind limpers.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 PM

I like it.

The only difference would be if you were in same card situation with with passive types wholl pay you off with a smaller pot. Then I'd slow down. I think that's a mistake some people make, not slowing down and making hands cheaper against opponents who'll pay anyway.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I made a normal raise of UTG+1's weak bet, CO would again raise many hands. I didn't want that to happen, becasue then I'd probably have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you have so much equity in the hand, that I cant see a fold being correct, no matter what CO would have done.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:22 PM

Flop can be played a few different ways which can/are correct. But I generally never call a raise OOP with a hand like QJ, there are just too many you are dominated by. This is one of the few favorable flops which you want to see with your hand.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:24 PM

With opponents' stacks this small, it doesn't really matter. Marginal mistake at the most, if at all. You're likely behind at least one of them at the present, but got a ton of outs to improve. With the remaining stacks what they were, it's all going in anyway on the turn. At least the way you played it, you're dictating the action. There is a slim chance that maybe you fold one of them out, improving your chances of winning a little.