Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 11:32 PM

Default AJo

Just sat down.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 03-07-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: AJo

ill what are you doing, bet the turn. hell checkraising sounds pretty good. check-call? wtf man.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Raise the river and fold if 3bet ?

I think he will have Ax pretty often, 6x or the flush somewhat often too. Sometimes some total crap he wont put more money in with unless he is curious.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:53 PM

interesting... are you pretty confident in doing this?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:05 AM

Lead the turn, call down if raised. What are you putting him on to make this play, I guess it ~might~ make sense if he has a medium PP without a spade that you think he'll fold on the turn, but then I would be scared he will check through the river. I think you have to keep the initiative because most times PP will call you down on a board like this, checking you also risk giving a free card to some monkey with KQ with a spade.

Bleh I just noticed I refer to every villian in my posts always as male, totally aside but meh whatever.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 AM

i had KK yesterday and 2 guys (or girls) who limped before the blinds called me all the way to the river with Ax no pair or other sensible draw - an ace rivered

these people must pay so i raise the turn

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 03-08-2005, 01:03 AM

Not many seem to like the turn check.

May I ask what is gained from betting the turn before I elaborate on my line?
Old 03-08-2005, 01:44 AM

I don't think its that bad, but I'd have a real hard time not checkraising the river.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Results

He showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHWG.

I seriously can't see the benefit in betting the turn on this hand. For any real hand MP can have (Ax, 6x, or flush), I think checking is superior since I save a bet against 6x or a flush, while missing no bets against Ax (2 bets T&amp;R). He could also have a pocket pair, but this is unlikely for obvious reasons, and he may bet twice anyway.

Then if MP is bad enough to call the flop with crap, checking is a huge boon IMO (as shown by results).

Raising the river is perhaps something I missed. 6x probably wouldn't always 3-bet here, so it would be a pretty safe value raise. Calling a 3-bet would be a must, however, as this sort of tricky play often induces anger and aggression (a 3-bet bluff).
Old 03-08-2005, 06:30 PM

I use this play as well.

I'm calling this down regardless but I dont want to pay extra bets when I am beat.

A lot of players will bluff you on the turn when you check.