Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: What does this mean? (girl problems, yay!)

[ QUOTE ]
goddamn i thought I was shy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shy, shmy, stick it in her eye.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:50 PM

This affects me personally, how? I think a hot girl pic needs to be posted by the OP before the thread can continue.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:32 PM

I think the "shyly" component means that yes, you should stop being such a pansy and ask the girl out.

As an aside, if you liked her in the first place, and were having fun hanging out, that is an even better spot to stop being such a pansy and ask the girl out.

You're supposedly the male in the situation.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that in most of the world, the bolt goes in the nut, not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try harder
Old 10-27-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or is this something girls only say to guys they really care about but aren't romantically interested in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. These chicks may have an inkling of a romantic attraction to you, one that would need you to do something to cultivate a deeper interest, but realize you're probably not going to act on it, so they are deriving sick pleasure from imagining you twist in the wind. I've never had it happen to me because no woman in her right mind would be that kind of friend with me, let alone tell me she loved me, but I know other dudes who get that crap all the time. My suggestion is to reply with something like "X, you're a great friend to me too." That'll throw this whure for a loop--she mockingly raised the bar and you just casually limbo'd under it like it's water off a duck's ass to you.

Always retreat (make it obvious and decisive but not offensive), it'll provoke an advance.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or is this something girls only say to guys they really care about but aren't romantically interested in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. These chicks may have an inkling of a romantic attraction to you, one that would need you to do something to cultivate a deeper interest, but realize you're probably not going to act on it, so they are deriving sick pleasure from imagining you twist in the wind. I've never had it happen to me because no woman in her right mind would be that kind of friend with me, let alone tell me she loved me, but I know other dudes who get that crap all the time. My suggestion is to reply with something like "X, you're a great friend to me too." That'll throw this whure for a loop--she mockingly raised the bar and you just casually limbo'd under it like it's water off a duck's ass to you.

Always retreat (make it obvious and decisive but not offensive), it'll provoke an advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I handled it both times, thinking the same thing, though I'm not sure they're acting that intentionally. Sick pleasure... well, girls are bitches, maybe you're right.

Both girls I didn't actually expect or pursue a relationship with, but enjoyed hanging out and flirting with. I suppose this just manifests the point that some posters on here push, that guys and girls can't really be friends; everything is a progression and movement away from a relationship (mostly on their part (?)). Too bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]