Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: bottomset, was it overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think that MP and BTN are calling 4bets on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that's a good point. I would play the river as if they are calling because their play seems pretty weak so far and I can't think of many draws taht they have been chiling with. I think our equity is better than 50% anyway though.

[/ QUOTE ]

again thinking they are calling all bets will get you in trouble, secondly a check/call2, call1 .. bet/3bet, bet/3bet line is screaming monster, and A9 and A7 are all you beat .. he doesn't have those 50% of the time

if you just call the river here, BTN will call most of the time since the pot is huge and he closes the action, if you raise, BTN will fold a lot of the time here since you have raised every time possible and if UTG 3bets you stand a fair shot of losing MP, and if you are ahead you still just gain 1bet, the same as overcalling on the river .. but the chances of him 3betting something you beat are slim, so usually you put in 2extra bets and lose 75%+ of the time there

if you only get called on the river raise by UTG, MP will almost always call, and you will net 2bets

you don't have any reads, and its hard for me to think an average .5/1 player puts this many bets in with just 2pair
Old 08-12-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(bum-bum-crash)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, RGW will be here all week. (Unfortunately.)

With no reads, I think I would find a slow down at some point. I think you could well be against an overplayed A7 -- at least this is what you hope for. You could also be up against 77, which becomes more and more likely the more he raises.

After capping the turn I might just call the river when he leads out, but it's close. After he 3 bets I'm definately just calling the river, not capping.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definately just calling the river, not capping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I was never thinking of capping that river; I would, however, raise it.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:43 PM

Well I am at least relieved to find out I will not be shampooing yr crotch. One time in college to make ends meet... I swore that was the last time.