Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Where are the easiest small stakes holdem games in Vegas??

Where are the easier small stakes holdem games $2-4, $3-6, and $4-8?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Where are the easiest small stakes holdem games in Vegas??

The games are all equally easy.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are the easier small stakes holdem games $2-4, $3-6, and $4-8?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anywhere in Vegas.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:16 AM

in theory, yes - all games are easy and equal

in practice, the strip games are looser then the downtown games, is what I thought I heard -

MGM would probably be the best - Mirage can be fairly tough, I heard.

If you're at the Imperial Palace at 11am, they have a lesson for folks wanting to play Texas Holdem - they then usually form a 2/4 game - if you could get in on THAT, you'd be in the juiciest game ever - better then Party - but that's only certain times of the morning - but between the comps and the competition, IP may be your best bet - those guys suck worse then a dirty old french whore.

but they're all easy - but there's weak-tight easy and loose-passive easy - you probably will find a lot of the first downtown and the second on the strip - which is what I want...

RB
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in theory, yes - all games are easy and equal
in practice, the strip games are looser then the downtown games, is what I thought I heard -

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true.

I tend to make the assumption that anybody coming to Las Vegas is doing so with the intention of spending their vacation time on the impressive Strip rather than dumpy downtown.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mirage can be fairly tough, I heard.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Mirage 3/6 is certainly not "tough".
Old 08-05-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not. About the only difference I could find is that Mirage and Bellagio low-limit games seemed LAGgier than others, presumably because the average patron has more money. They're all full of really terrible players, though, just different styles.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mirage can be fairly tough, I heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I aggree. It's still pretty loose, although the players tend to be a little less stupid than other places.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:37 PM

I found the rooms south of the Aladdin to be the easiest around for $2/4 and $3/6 when I was out there last week.

I enjoyed the Aladdin $3/6 the most and I liked the room and tables, but wow I saw some horrible dealing during the tourneys. I also ate a grip of donuts and got served drinks on the regular.

I made a grip at that crummy little room the Trop has.

Funny enough, the toughest game I played was at the $2/4 game at the IP--and it only had maybe 4-5 tough players, I just never got in a good situation with the others. Of course, part of that was because I decided not to go to the table where one guy was wearing a motorcycle helmet (yes, a full, over the face style one) and all the younger guys were sitting wooping it up. I also had some nice experiences with the dealers at IP--preflop I'm in SB and the dealer just stares at me after collecting all of our chips. Someone finally says, "I think he'd like to see a flop before betting." The dealer turns to me and says, "Sorry, I've been drinking the last couple of hours."

The best dealers I had all weekend were at the Golden Nuggest downtown. A tough game, but I really liked the players there. Not a young crowd, if that's what you're into, but very friendly.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the rooms south of the Aladdin to be the easiest around for $2/4 and $3/6 when I was out there last week.

I enjoyed the Aladdin $3/6 the most and I liked the room and tables, but wow I saw some horrible dealing during the tourneys. I also ate a grip of donuts and got served drinks on the regular.

I made a grip at that crummy little room the Trop has.

Funny enough, the toughest game I played was at the $2/4 game at the IP--and it only had maybe 4-5 tough players, I just never got in a good situation with the others. Of course, part of that was because I decided not to go to the table where one guy was wearing a motorcycle helmet (yes, a full, over the face style one) and all the younger guys were sitting wooping it up. I also had some nice experiences with the dealers at IP--preflop I'm in SB and the dealer just stares at me after collecting all of our chips. Someone finally says, "I think he'd like to see a flop before betting." The dealer turns to me and says, "Sorry, I've been drinking the last couple of hours."

The best dealers I had all weekend were at the Golden Nuggest downtown. A tough game, but I really liked the players there. Not a young crowd, if that's what you're into, but very friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the poker room at the trop sucks?? Thats where I will be staying