Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: $33 MTT on Stars, 88 UTG

i push the flop. you will sometimes get looked up by a suspicious 55/66/77 (or a horribly played 22/33), or even A high. if he has a better hand than you, screw it, you're destined to go broke with only 2x the pot on a pretty safe board.

tough spot pre-flop. i would be okay with limping also. folding is a little too weak, but close.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: $33 MTT on Stars, 88 UTG

I'm learning to lay-down baby pairs in EP pre-flop, especially when the blinds are high. Here I'd limp.

Sam
Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Results

I raised flop bet to 1200, Ganpathy called. Turn [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] Ganpathy checked, I went all-in, Ganpathy instacalled w/ 99. I think it was pretty well played by Ganpathy. He induced me to bluff @ the pot and commit myself w/ 88. If he had checked, I probably would've c-bet and gotten away from the hand relatively cheaply. In retrospect. I think I should've checked the turn after I raised the flop. Nothing legitimate that called the flop is folding the turn. Villain either has me crushed or is drawing to 6 or 2 outs, why not let him draw? I probably should've just called flop bet and tried to call down cheaply.