Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Quick preflop quiz

Meh. My default is call. I'd need a better read/feel for villians than just PT numbers to reraise in this spot.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Nah, this is a call. Unless you are a fan of playing a huge pot out of position with a hand that hates a whole lot of flops, or want to kill your implied odds if he actually does have a strong pair and 3 bets you hard preflop.

I understand wanting to isolate , and the loose SB here, but this is a clear call.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So many callers. I think this is a clear reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. Re-raising may fold out the TAG with overs and snag the weak SB. It also might get TAG to push which I think you would have to fold (especially if lose sb folds).

The real question is how bad do you want to see a flop vs. getting the money in before hand. Do I outclass both villains or is the TAG a 2+2er? Against a thinking TAG the 3-bet from the BB will fold anything but AA-QQ and AKs. I also think it depends on whether I felt I could get away from my hand on a board like K T 6r............

Tough one. I usually view 99 and sometimes TT as set value hands which sometimes become playable over pairs.

I folded 99 last night to two all-ins (88 and AK) and I still think it was the right decision. I have raised with it in the past as well. For me, it is totally read dependent.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. Re-raising may fold out the TAG with overs and snag the weak SB. It also might get TAG to push which I think you would have to fold (especially if lose sb folds).

The real question is how bad do you want to see a flop vs. getting the money in before hand. Do I outclass both villains or is the TAG a 2+2er? Against a thinking TAG the 3-bet from the BB will fold anything but AA-QQ and AKs. I also think it depends on whether I felt I could get away from my hand on a board like K T 6r............

Tough one. I usually view 99 and sometimes TT as set value hands which sometimes become playable over pairs.

I folded 99 last night to two all-ins (88 and AK) and I still think it was the right decision. I have raised with it in the past as well. For me, it is totally read dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty much my thinking when I posted, I just dont having the skills to articulate my point as well as you sir
Old 12-07-2005, 03:15 PM

I only see one caller.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:21 PM

I'm interested in hearing Isura's rationale on this. I think I might learn something.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in hearing Isura's rationale on this. I think I might learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Isn't there only 1 caller? If you think there's a significant chance you can take it down pre-flop with a re-raise, I think it's an okay move, but I'd much rather just call the extra 3 BB's (by default) and play the pot 3 handed than to raise an additional 10 BB's or so, to hopefully take it down there or make one of the others fold. Plus, 99 isn't that easy to play post flop, especially when you consider any caller to a re-raise will have at least over cards. I don't really like the idea of making a big pot pre-flop with 99.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't claim to follow you reasoning here.

I can see how this play will fold out Mp3 on many occasions, and put you in position against a probable calling station, but aside from set value, or it's good position in bone dry flops, this is a marginal holding at best in full ring with most stacks.

Cambraceres