Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 PM

Default QQ - did I play this smart?

Party 200 NL
Villain (34/11) has $150. I have him covered.

I get Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

PF: UTG calls, 2 folds, MP (Villain) raises to $4, 1 fold, CO calls, I raise to $15, 3 folds, Villain calls, CO folds.

Flop (about $38) - 2 players

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I bet $30. He min. raises to $60, I call, planning on going all the way with this hand. Do you feel this is the right decision?

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets $50, I call.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain goes all in for $26.15, I call.

What do you think?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: QQ - did I play this smart?

may only have top pair ace kicker, maybe jacks kings or aces also. i say you call and if he has a better hand then you then good. the min raise though suggests real strenght here so id be careful, you need a great read to be able to muck the turn but i might do it if i had the feeling i was beat. you pot stuck yourself by calling the turn but there is almost no reason not to unless you think he has aces or kings which is doubtful since he didnt reraise you to pick up the pot right there with 20+ out there, flat calling the raise may signal 10 10 or jacks if he had a pocket pair and 9 10 9 is a great flop for jacks, i think he has jacks or 10s and you def have to call. how did you rate the player, after the turn call you must call the river. pot odds
Old 04-20-2005, 10:31 PM

alot of money.. all at once.. your really putting a lot of chips in the middle and will run out fast this way.. that will at the end probably end up in an all in.. when raising that much preflop and betting out on the flop you really gotta cross your fingers and go with your instincts.. KK and AA would be haunting me.. but why wouldnt they put more pressure preflop or on the flop?? .. might be a T??? or a 9.. depending on the player.. i think you made the right choice
Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 PM

Random thoughts on the hand -
Basically, since he min. raised preflop, I don't feel that he has the 9. As well, his PFR is so high (11) that he could have any number of hands. AA/KK are possible, but I feel unlikely as he would have probably popped me back preflop. TT is clearly trouble, but there seem to be more hands that I beat in this situation (JJ, AT, being most likely?) There would seem to also be a stronger than normal possibility that he could be bluffing and representing the 9 here.

Results to follow.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 PM

the minraise is a pot builder it a bet that wants to be called, if you put half of it in already why not double it, min bet represents much strength i find
Old 04-20-2005, 11:29 PM

lol why does no one ever call my all ins then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] if that represents weakness.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].. i get a good hand i try to go all in .. why do people call more min raises then? but i do agree with you..