Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Suffering a 140BB downswing. Need help

You are probably running bad, but it is not just variance. Your game has leaks (as does everyone else's) and you should work on plugging them.

Hand 1: Preflop is good, flop is good. Turn, just call. T9 just got there, 87 just hit two pair. He could have been slowplaying the flop waiting for the big streets, too. When someone comes alive like this on the turn, TPTK does not look that good. Just call down.

Hand 2: I'm often checking the river here, but if I'm betting it is 100% with the intention of folding to a raise. What can he possibly be check/raising the river with that you beat? Your most likely hand is a pair of kings, so he can almost certainly beat that. If he just didn't believe that you had it, he would c/c. You can only beat a bluff, and the c/r river bluff after a preflop raiser bets three streets is pretty rare (i.e. it never happens here).

Hand 3: Bet/fold the river. He could call you with whatever weak queen he has been calling with the whole way and he can also find a fold with Qx2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].