Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Default PP Tournament decision

Hi, folks. I'm new to no-limit and fairly new to tournaments, and I was hoping for some constructive comments regarding a hand I had last night.

PP $10 entry tournament with about 2280 entries. We're early on, with about 1800 people left. Standings:

Seat 1: bullitt5561 ( $895 )
Seat 3: <font color="red">sgtkrunch</font> ( $1560 )
Seat 5: sjt26 ( $915 )
Seat 6: gadzookee ( $1325 )
Seat 7: <font color="red">Pokey</font> ( $1075 )
Seat 8: MRTEE7 ( $2629 )
Seat 9: ColectinGEEZ ( $1682 )
Seat 10: ken1022 ( $2004 )
Seat 4: EYESHINE333 ( $1290 )

I had only been at this table for three or four hands when this happened, so no reads worth mentioning. We're still early, so the blinds are t10 and t20.

Preflop: <font color="red">Pokey</font> is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

<font color="red">Pokey</font> raises to t90, two folds, <font color="red">ken1022 calls, bullitt5561 calls, sgtkrunch calls,</font> SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players, t390 in the pot)
<font color="red">Pokey bets t150, ken1022 calls, </font> bullitt5561 folds, <font color="red">sgtkrunch calls</font>.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players, t840 in the pot)
<font color="red">Pokey bets t835 (all in)</font>....

So, how bad was this series of plays?
Preflop bet too small?
Flop bet too small?
Turn bet wrong?

Any comments would be helpful.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: PP Tournament decision

I probably go for a check raise on that flop early in a PP tournament with a low buy-in (because I'm sure someone will bet).
Old 12-02-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: PP Tournament decision

There are 4 players on the flop so almost 400 in the pot and you bet 150. There's only 1 ace left, so I assume nobody has one. Heart draw is there (but you have the Ace of Heart). Why bet 150? You will be called by what? Set, 2 pairs, Top pair if they have the ace and most likely draw.

The draw hit and you go all-in? This way, you are called by a flush but anything else fold, so you loose the most and win the less. Why not check call, the turn and value bet the river or check call the river. I understand you have a lot of outs on the river, but that's why you should call not bet the turn.

I would CR the flop also.