Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Bad Situation, whats your play?

Alright, a little background. I've just recently moved into an apt with a good friend (Chuck) that I've known for roughly 9-10 years and an acquaintance from school, that I've known for about 3 years (Dave). I'm not real close with Dave, but he's always seemed to be an alright guy, and I've never had any problems with the guy, and I consider him a friend.

So fast forward to last night, I come home from after playing in a cash game with some buds, and I come in and Chuck's hanging out with one of his women in the front room watching TV. I go to drop some stuff off in my bedroom and notice Dave's girlfriend say pretty loudly, "get off, you're on my stomach, it hurts." I kinda just brushed it off, and thought that they might have been play wrestling around or something at first.

As I walk back out to the living room, I'm talking to Chuck, and we hear some more loud screaming (female) coming from Dave's room. Chuck says to me, "dude, that's REAL fighting going on in there, its been going on for like an hour, what should we do." At this point we hear some more "owwww, you're hurting me, let go Dave, LET GO."

Both of us are like "what the [censored], what should we do." Neither one of us has ever had to deal with a situation like this before.

I decide that I'm going to go see if Dave's door is unlocked and I'm going to try to de-esculate the situation. I go up to the door, the door is locked, sh*t. I decide that I'm going to knock on the door and make sure that my presence is known and that if I hear a cry out of "help" the door is coming down. I stuck around for about an hour as there was more yelling and whatnot, before the situation seemed to have calmed down and no more yelling and whatnot, neither one ever came out of the room before I left to go over to my girlfriends.

Was this the best way to handle the situation? What are some recommendations. I think
Old 10-17-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Bad Situation, whats your play?

I would yell real loud, what the hell is going on in there and take it from there. If need be, that door is coming down to help the chick. I don't give a damn if it's a friend or not. Hurting females = not cool.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:42 PM

What would you do if the girl were your sister?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Yeah I mean you can't just sit there and let it happen, I would probably yell in there also. Be prepared to fight Dave as well
Old 10-17-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would yell real loud, what the hell is going on in there and take it from there. If need be, that door is coming down to help the chick. I don't give a damn if it's a friend or not. Hurting females = not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good answer and I'm betting if he knows you can hear them, he'll stop.

So you have no idea how it ended? What will you do when that awful smell starts coming from his room in a week or so?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:51 PM

"Do you need help?" really loudly, if you hear a desperate sounding girl say yes, break down door.

If you hear anything else, tell them you are calling the police if the door isn't open in 30 seconds.

game over.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:54 PM

Are you actually asking what to do here? You bang on that door until you here the girl say everything is cool or you bust in ready to rumble. There is no other option. Afterwards, you consider kicking Dave out if he's hitting women.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:54 PM

I would not leave them alone together. I would not leave the house. I would yell at your roommate for letting it go on that long. I would ask them what the [censored] was going on and if necessary I would kick the girl out of the house until things calm down. If it ever happened again Dave would move out.

NT
Old 10-17-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you actually asking what to do here? You bang on that door until you here the girl say everything is cool or you bust in ready to rumble. There is no other option. Afterwards, you consider kicking Dave out if he's hitting women.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't work though, because she could be too scared to say anything is wrong and pretend it is okay, you MUST get that door open quickly.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically my line. When I knocked on the door, I did so very loud, and let it be known that if I hear a cry for help the door is coming down.

I completely agree= hurting chicks is definitely not cool and is a horrible horrible thing.

I just didn't know if how I handled it was the proper way of handling the situation.

Chuck's woman saw them together today at one of the cafeterias on campus and just thought "what a stupid stupid girl, to stay in that situation."