Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Paul DePodesta

Who likes him? Who hates him? I personally think he's an intelligence and unconventional guy who is on the right track... he's getting a little rough seasoning in right now, but in a few years he'll have turned the Dodgers into a dynasty in the NL West.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Paul DePodesta

I think he's very smart, has a lot to learn, and has had to overcome a lot this season. I think he's improved the team though he's been hit hard with the injury bug and last year the time overachieved (I'm lookin' at you, Beltre).

He let go of Beltre and Finley and it's looked like the right move. Penny+Choi > Lo Duca + Mota, Kent's been one of the best 2B in baseball, and Drew's been hitting well when he's not getting hurt in freak injuries.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:25 AM

yeah i started following him after reading moneyball. I thought the laduca for penny trade was very good even when everybody was ripping him. He seems to have overpaid for a few free agents like drew and lowe but i think he will get the job done in a few years.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the laduca for penny trade was very good even when everybody was ripping him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ripped him for that, not because it was a bad long term deal but because it screwed the dodgers for last year's run. screwed the chemistry and all that gibberish. plus it left the dodgers with a couple of scrubs to platoon behind the dish for the stretch drive and playoffs.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:32 AM

It's apparent to me he has no clue whatsoever.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and Drew's been hitting well when he's not getting hurt in freak injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, couldn't have seen that coming with Drew's past. He hasn't been too bad. It's not his fault Gagne is falling apart because he had to stop 'roiding it up.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and Drew's been hitting well when he's not getting hurt in freak injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, couldn't have seen that coming with Drew's past. He hasn't been too bad. It's not his fault Gagne is falling apart because he had to stop 'roiding it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because breaking your wrist has everything to do with chronic knee problems.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's apparent to me he has no clue whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes it so apparent?

What moves have he done that have come out a net negative for him?

He has improved this team. It's just that half the active roster has been on the DL All season.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the laduca for penny trade was very good even when everybody was ripping him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ripped him for that, not because it was a bad long term deal but because it screwed the dodgers for last year's run. screwed the chemistry and all that gibberish. plus it left the dodgers with a couple of scrubs to platoon behind the dish for the stretch drive and playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problems with the Dodgers have less to do with chemistry and more to do with the fact that they lost Alien Beltre.

Brad Penny > Paul Lo Duca
Old 09-07-2005, 04:55 PM

But Beltre's reverted back to his natural form in Seattle. Start of really slow and then start hitting later on in the season. This is kind of an established phenomon in baseball, players put up monster numbers in contract years and then go back to their normal stats. Look at Rich Aurilia.

Besides, the Dodgers have that big Dominican kid who's supposed to be a fantastic hitting infielder coming up in a year or two... I forget his name, but he was ranked as like the #4 or 5 prospect in baseball. Where would he play if they'd kept Beltre?