Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Strange raise - what to do?

I instacall this day and night. The odds of him having 77, because he obviously does not have AA, is so miniscule vs him limping in with some random A/x and hitting 2 pair on a cheap flop. If you're not instacalling this you're losing money in the long run. Take your bad beat with the confidence that you made the right play. Next time, you double up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 12:37 PM

The only decision that is based on your bankroll is whether or not to play. Your bankroll should NEVER enter your mind while playing a hand.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:54 PM

even with no reads, if you put him on 77 fold. I don't think AA is limping first one in from MP so I think it's safe to rule that hand out.

I think this is a really tough spot but folding is a safe bet. he can have something like AK or top 2 but you have to ask yourself what hands would villain push here after the fact that you raised his initial bet showing signs of strength.