Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Bush shows his true colors

As if there were any doubt:

"A $60 billion bill the Senate passed to continue expiring tax cuts and shelter 14 million families from higher taxes faces a White House veto threat because it also includes a hefty tax increase for oil companies."

Lower the budget? Reduce taxes? Not if it hurts the world record profits of the oil companies. hahahahaha
Old 11-18-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Bush shows his true colors

[ QUOTE ]
As if there were any doubt:

"A $60 billion bill the Senate passed to continue expiring tax cuts and shelter 14 million families from higher taxes faces a White House veto threat because it also includes a hefty tax increase for oil companies."

Lower the budget? Reduce taxes? Not if it hurts the world record profits of the oil companies. hahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you post here?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:40 PM

I guess just general disappointment that a board, that one would expect to be populated with people of higher intelligence than your average Party Poker chat room, has such an incredible high number of totally blind Bush cheerleaders. When in doubt, Support Bush no matter how wrong, and grasp at any straw to justify his lies.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:55 PM

I'm so very often disappointed by the lack of objectivity many Conservatives suffer from. At least this guy reminds me that many Liberals have the same deficit.

PS: I'm assuming he's well aware of the arguments against his position and just doesn't want to consider them.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so very often disappointed by the lack of objectivity many Conservatives suffer from. At least this guy reminds me that many Liberals have the same deficit.

PS: I'm assuming he's well aware of the arguments against his position and just doesn't want to consider them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps because both ideologies are inherently contradictory...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps because both ideologies are inherently contradictory...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been said that intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing or contradictory ideas at the same time.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been said that intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing or contradictory ideas at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "hold," do you mean believe? Or simply see a logic in both ideas?

I'm serious, because I frequently find something I can agree with in two arguments. I have a hard time swallowing the whole pill. (maybe because I don't drink the Kool-Aid?)

I get called a "middle-of-the-roader," and I've been told, "The only thing in the middle of the road is a yellow line." BS! It pisses me off, big time.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess just general disappointment that a board, that one would expect to be populated with people of higher intelligence than your average Party Poker chat room, has such an incredible high number of totally blind Bush cheerleaders. When in doubt, Support Bush no matter how wrong, and grasp at any straw to justify his lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't. They are just more active posters. Whenever there's a poll about this they're shown to be a minority.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:43 AM

That's a Republican for you - never answer a post when a personal attack or asking someone to shut up will do instead. You pulled that trick from Bill O'Reilly, no doubt.

When in doubt, the Republicans will always choose big business over the American People. Then they can spend and lie their way thru the next election with all that corporate money that will be funneled to their re-election, not to mention the stuff under the table.

When a Republican screws over the little guy, it barely qualifies for news anymore - sort of like corruption in College Sports - you get desensitized to it.

I barely notice the hand in my pocket or the cameras in my living room anymore -

RB
Old 11-19-2005, 10:03 AM

While I am not a bush cheerleader, and know nothing more on this issue that what was posted above, i offer my opinion.

It seems reasonable to state that an increse in taxes on oil companies will cause the amount they pay in taxes to increase, and to accomodate the decreased revenue stream, oil prices will rise.

My guess is that THIS is the logic that is being applied. What is so wrong with the companies earning a profit? why is profit such a bad word?

On a side note: does anyone here know what gives congress the right to investigate oil companies as they have? Its not a monopoly...where does this power of control over oil companies stem from?