Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 11s PP: How is it possible to make a profit

My 11s SNGs from this weekend (Satuday and Sunday):

Old 12-18-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are hitting >30% ROI at any level but the $215s, you are losing money by not moving up. Ie it's a silly goal. Yes it is achievable by very good players at low limits, but it's not worth their time to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My last 112 $109s have had a 41% ROI with 44% ITM.. but I don't think I'll move up to the $215s just yet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 08:11 PM

that looks perfectly sustainable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 08:23 PM

Is it just me or have the calling requirements at the $11s gotten a lot looser as of late? I have been called off with real garbage the past few months when pushing late in the tourney. A/rag, K/7-k/9, Q/10s-qj; j/9, pp 22 and up. I want to move back to the 20s and 30s but I had to cashout awhile back and I like to move up when I have 200 buyins.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or have the calling requirements at the $11s gotten a lot looser as of late? I have been called off with real garbage the past few months when pushing late in the tourney. A/rag, K/7-k/9, Q/10s-qj; j/9, pp 22 and up. I want to move back to the 20s and 30s but I had to cashout awhile back and I like to move up when I have 200 buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they are garbage (see my chart). It's great - money from the trees.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious, what's the deal with the 4-1 ratio of seconds to firsts?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious, what's the deal with the 4-1 ratio of seconds to firsts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read Eastbay's (I think) post on pushing everyhand when heads up. I suck at heads up.

Oops, it wasn't Eastbay. Here's the post:

[ QUOTE ]
The gem from Strassa was the fact that the absolute best your opponent can do against a push every hand, call every push strategy is to beat you 52% of time. That is an absolutely massive observation, and suggests that effective HU play (with relatively large blinds) beings with getting your chips in the middle on every hand, and can be improved by stripping out certain hands/situations from your push everything strategy.

HU is completely opposite from early SNG play. Early on the default is fold, and I need a real good reason to play a hand. HU the default is push, and I need a pretty compelling reason to do anything else.

BTW, the first time I came upon an opponent who pushed everything, I absolutely HATED playing him. After that point I was pretty much converted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2005, 09:08 PM

Very nice bubble play.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gem from Strassa was the fact that the absolute best your opponent can do against a push every hand, call every push strategy is to beat you 52% of time. That is an absolutely massive observation, and suggests that effective HU play (with relatively large blinds) beings with getting your chips in the middle on every hand, and can be improved by stripping out certain hands/situations from your push everything strategy.

HU is completely opposite from early SNG play. Early on the default is fold, and I need a real good reason to play a hand. HU the default is push, and I need a pretty compelling reason to do anything else.

BTW, the first time I came upon an opponent who pushed everything, I absolutely HATED playing him. After that point I was pretty much converted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up. I'm assuming we are talking about really large blinds here. HU is a lot more than just "fold or push" game. It's about training and adapting to your opponents. Push every hand on me and we'll see who wins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up. I'm assuming we are talking about really large blinds here. HU is a lot more than just "fold or push" game. It's about training and adapting to your opponents. Push every hand on me and we'll see who wins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the time you wait for AA-JJ to show up, you're down to 15 chips.
Closed Thread