Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 AM

Default South Park blasting Scientology

Anyone see it? You never hear showbiz folks blasting Scientology. I hear people are really scared to do it if they want to have a career in the biz. Growing up there was a guy who came to stay at our house for a weekend. Supposedly he was on the boat with L. Ron when Mr. Hubbard was trying to avoid prosecution for tax evasion. The guy had become disillusioned with Scientology and was hiding from them. My former work place somehow got involved with the branch of Scientology that attempts to reach addicts and criminals. I sat through a week of their training. It was really vanilla, non-dogma stuff. It was a bad match because most people at my work have master's degrees. We all thought it was really simple, basic ideas that they had translated into their own language. It was just ideas that might be interesting if you'd never heard them before, but you could tell it was aimed to hook the uneducated and make it seem like they were ideas orignated with Scientology. Needless to say, I'm facinated with secret societies and organizations that keep a tight lid on things. Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: South Park blasting Scientology

I was shocked when I logged in that there wasn't a post about this. I loved that they called out pee on your head boy.

The end was by far the best part but I'm not sure if it would make me a douche bag to post about it. South park spoilers don't seem like something to sweat about, but whatever.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:58 AM

dad, tom cruise won't come out of the closet
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You never hear showbiz folks blasting Scientology.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Trey Parker and Matt Stone aren't that concerned with... well, anybody getting on their ass. As many different people/organizations they've gone off on.

Very funny episode tonight.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You never hear showbiz folks blasting Scientology.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Trey Parker and Matt Stone aren't that concerned with... well, anybody getting on their ass. As many different people/organizations they've gone off on.

Very funny episode tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of those orginizations don't dump it all back into lawuits against people that publish a tenth of what was on South Park tonight.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dad, tom cruise won't come out of the closet

[/ QUOTE ]

I told one of my co-workers about the rumours that Tom Cruise was gay and she got really disturbed repeatedly saying that she'd never heard this. I kept pushing it and she didn't even want to know it was a rumour. LoL!

If anyone is interested in Scientology, go to thepiratebay.org and go a search for "scientology". There are some bit torrents that I think the church would not be happy about. The same guy keeps putting up a lot of secret society stuff about the Masons (not Malmuth) and the Illuminati, etc. Fun stuff!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:19 AM

The stuff they've gotten away with because they say it through a cartoon amazes and delights me. Mean spirited or not, I think some of the episodes are groundbreaking and ultimately raise global consciouness while being hillarious at the same time. I don't know how powerful Scientology is in the industry, but I know someone who wanted to make a documentary exposing Scientology. She was advised by a couple of very famous stars who are fairly outspoken political activists not to do it if she wanted to continue to have a career. So, kudos to Comedy Central and South Park advertisers for supporting this show. (yeah, I said kudos, just this once)
Old 11-17-2005, 07:45 AM

Or check out clambake.org - 'Undressing the Church of Scientology Since 1996'
Old 11-17-2005, 08:12 AM

"The Simpsons" had a Scientology spoof several years ago when the show was still funny. The Leader of the cult, the Movementarians, even bore a resemblance to L. Ron Hubbard. What made the episode even funnier is that Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, etc., is a Scientologist.

So as they might say in "South Park," "'Simpsons' did it!" Though certainly not as TVMA, I admit!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The stuff they've gotten away with because they say it through a cartoon amazes and delights me. Mean spirited or not, I think some of the episodes are groundbreaking and ultimately raise global consciouness while being hillarious at the same time. I don't know how powerful Scientology is in the industry, but I know someone who wanted to make a documentary exposing Scientology. She was advised by a couple of very famous stars who are fairly outspoken political activists not to do it if she wanted to continue to have a career. So, kudos to Comedy Central and South Park advertisers for supporting this show. (yeah, I said kudos, just this once)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not seen this one yet, the mel Gibson one and the Wal Mart one are my two personal favourites.

Mack