Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 05:50 PM

Default A 10r hand

Its a rebuy, I"ve been playing pretty tight.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB (t1700)
BB (t2675)
UTG (t3150)
UTG+1 (t13050)
MP1 (t17665)
MP2 (t4910)
Hero (t4460)
CO (t6040)
Button (t4960)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t100, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t300.

Flop: (t950) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t5000</font>

Call or fold? what range can we put him on? why would he push this?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: A 10r hand

Fold.

I think he has either TPGK or an overpair. The huge overbet doesn't make sense unless you've seen otherwise. Most likely is AT. QQ is another maybe, but would have to be pretty fancy play before the flop.

Seems like an over-reaction push to a possible flush.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:52 PM

I'm thinking he probably has the spades, but even if you're right you're barely a favorite. You definately are not far enough ahead to call because at least 2/5 times he will turn over AT, JJ, or QQ.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking he probably has the spades, but even if you're right you're barely a favorite. You definately are not far enough ahead to call because at least 2/5 times he will turn over AT, JJ, or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would Ace ten want me to fold? if he puts me on a flush draw a pot sized bet and a check/fold if a spade hits would maximize value for his hand.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:01 PM

Like i said i think this is a flush draw buuut even if you're right your not that strong of a favorite so just fold.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:02 PM

I eliminate all my tough postflop rebuy period decisions by pushing everything decent preflop. Works wonders.

(I'd fold)
Old 09-01-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a rebuy,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a fold. You don't have anything and your hand is very readable.

I think it's not uncommon for some types of average players to overplay their hands in an attempt to double up when they can rebuy. I used to think it was a standard play on 2+2 to check/raise all-in with a flush draw and and two overs.

With that in mind, opponents hand range includes TT,22,44 KJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-56 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-A3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think he already has you beat. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50/50 from here.

-D.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

why would Ace ten want me to fold? if he puts me on a flush draw a pot sized bet and a check/fold if a spade hits would maximize value for his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

because a lot of people will call an allin with a flush draw
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's not uncommon for some types of average players to overplay their hands in an attempt to double up when they can rebuy. I used to think it was a standard play on 2+2 to check/raise all-in with a flush draw and and two overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

During a rebuy, that *is* a standard play if you have any FE at all (and sometimes if you don't.)
Old 09-01-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

During a rebuy, that *is* a standard play if you have any FE at all (and sometimes if you don't.)

[/ QUOTE ]

not only is it standard in a rebuy, I may even take this chance early on in a normal tournament if I think i have FE by just c/ring all in. a lot of people would fold TPTK with deep stacks at the beginning of a tournament. it also will help my image when i have a made hand.