Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: why most of us are running bad?

I'm running better than before. So who's most?

You just have to read up more on SH play and understand your opponents and their style. Then adjust. Don't know how many tables you play but I shifted down to 2x 3/6 SH and my $$$ went up a lot. I was able to read opponents better and make better decisions.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are the small stakes sh games changing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not running bad and I doubt most people here are. If there are a high volume of posts of people running bad, it's probably because people post more when they are doing poorly and trying to "fix" whatever is wrong with them. When they are running good they are the [censored] and don't need advice.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:36 PM

It's essentially impossible for most of 2+2 to run bad. Do you see why?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running better than before. So who's most?

You just have to read up more on SH play and understand your opponents and their style. Then adjust. Don't know how many tables you play but I shifted down to 2x 3/6 SH and my $$$ went up a lot. I was able to read opponents better and make better decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think a lot of people just want to play ABC poker, which works fine enough on full ring. At 6max, ABC just doesn't work. Making plays based on your PAHUD is better, but that's still not enough.

You actually have to pay attention to your opponents. Make notes on them. Hell, one thing that works for me is that I comment out loud to myself when I see them doing something odd.

Not "OMG WHAT A EFFING IDIOT LOLZORS@!" type comment that only really starts a twinge of tilt that most of us try to pretend we don't experience, but a "did you see that? playerA just 3bet preflop with TT, bet out on a flop with an AK, raised a reraise on the flop, and led out on the turn and river. I can't believe the guy with AQ on the button let him run over him like that."

Of course, you may sound a little strange to your roommate or spouse, but I find that pretending that I'm talking to someone about my game keeps my game stuck in my head and helps me focus.

Apparently there are some poker studs out there that are 4-6 tabling 6max 10/20 and higher. Well, most of us probably aren't there yet in terms of focus/clarity, player reading, and just skill overall.

Cut down your tables and play your best THINKING poker.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are a high volume of posts of people running bad, it's probably because people post more when they are doing poorly and trying to "fix" whatever is wrong with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
These types of posts exploded after the split.