Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2004, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Not the beat, but the chatter....

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, it turned out to be an expensive day, but not too horrible. Certainly nothing I can't bounce back from. But I violated my own rule -- ignore poker advice given at the table -- and it cost me, and I was pretty upset with myself afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more worried about your horrible play. You should take some of the thousands you've been losing every month and spend it on remedial math lessons.

Old 04-14-2004, 02:50 PM

Default enough with the grudge postings

I'm trying to figure out why Wet Beaver and SnowBreeze have chosen to fill this thread with useless replies.

Cris made a borderline play on 87o. Then she didn't get away from an overpair that was a big dog. What's the big deal? She identified that she was on tilt, she's posting about it, it's relatively interesting, and she didn't identify the chirper.

What's with the adolescent hostility?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess it all depends on whether you derive more utility from being thought of as a "good player" by all the other players at the table, or from having the highest win rate possible. You're entitled to value the two however you want, but they often conflict.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said. Being thought of us a good player isn't always more profitable than being thought of as bad. When you're "bad", and everyone "knows" how you play, you can really use this to your advantage. Ideally, I'd like to be thought of as the worst player ever...
Old 04-18-2004, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you weren't tilting just a wee bit limping with 87o in MP? According to Feeney, playing something questionable is the first sign of (unconscious) tilt.

4gapper

(p.s., why not raise-open your 87o?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise open a 87o?

What good would it do?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're the first one in with 87o, you either raise or fold with this hand (folding is better). Limping is the weakest play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would the raise be for the purpose of raising pot value or trying to get others out of the pot or both?