Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Not the beat, but the chatter....

[ QUOTE ]
And someone else, who wasn't in the pot, chimes in: "Well, you got what you deserved, calling a raise with 87o."

[/ QUOTE ]

And I hoped you learned your lesson.

Old 04-08-2004, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you weren't tilting just a wee bit limping with 87o in MP? According to Feeney, playing something questionable is the first sign of (unconscious) tilt.

4gapper

(p.s., why not raise-open your 87o?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise open a 87o?

What good would it do?
Old 04-08-2004, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you weren't tilting just a wee bit limping with 87o in MP? According to Feeney, playing something questionable is the first sign of (unconscious) tilt.

4gapper

(p.s., why not raise-open your 87o?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise open a 87o?

What good would it do?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're the first one in with 87o, you either raise or fold with this hand (folding is better). Limping is the weakest play.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:57 PM

Hi All,

(a) Regarding the limp/call with 87o, if you want to think that's tilt, that's fine. I don't. If I hadn't hit for two pair or better on the flop, it would've cost me only his open-raise, which bothers me not a whit on deep money. Once I did hit for two pair, I got all of his money in when I was way ahead, and he caught an 8-outer. Oh well. I was playing for implied odds, and I'll take the risks that come with that.

(2) For those who say I should've raised with 87o from MP, no thank you. It was a passive table, by and large, and I was pretty sure I could get in for the limp. I didn't want just the blinds; I wanted to hit a hand vs. a raiser for a big pot. I got exactly what I wanted, and got outdrawn at the river. Again, oh well.

(3) To scrub, who implied this might be a significant tilt issue for me because I want people to respect my play, yes, you're right. That's what my original post was about ... I had found a significant tilt issue that I need to avoid in the future.

Cris
Old 04-09-2004, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't. If I hadn't hit for two pair or better on the flop, it would've cost me only his open-raise, which bothers me not a whit on deep money.

[/ QUOTE ]

your opponent has $240, or 60 big blinds. this is deep money? are you going to flop 2 pair or better and have it hold up 1 in 24 times? calling a $10 raise to win $240 seems like a bad play to me. sorry to be blunt. in general, I think you will go broke calling raises from short stacks with hands like 87o.

generally I consider anything less than 100BB to be a very short stack, and >250BB are when I start to think of things as approaching deep.

--turnipmonster
Old 04-09-2004, 06:45 PM

P.S. I left about a half-hour later after I made a big raise behind three limpers with KK, was called by UTG, pushed at a 5-6-7 flop with two spades, and he called me with 74s and hit an 8 for his straight. And what did the chirper say to that? "Good call. It was suited."

I am the chirper you are talking about. Surprised? So was I when I read the lies you are writing about me.

It is true I commented what I consider a very bad call from your side. You tried to explain the Logic(?) behind such call and I answered something like thanks for making me laugh. You replied YW and that was the end of the story.
I never commented when you lost all your stack against 74. Why should I do such a thing?
But I can see that you look less like a moron if you add a lie to your story and try to make me look like the bad guy that picked on poor little Cris.

The truth is that once again, you try to create this image of you being a good player, but I can see that most of the posters in this forum see you for what you really are. A mediocre poker player with a big ego and a sick urge of apearing to be one of the leading experts of this community. Something you not only aren't even close to, but will most certainly never be. You are nothing but a fish. That I could see immediately. Now I also know you are a liar.

Please don't bother finding more fairy tales. I dare you to post a hand history to prove that I am not telling the truth.

I hope everybody will now see the horrible person you are.

Snow

PS. I can in fact prove what a big fish you are. Next time you play, notice how fast the waiting list for the table you are playing at grows. That is a sure sign that a monster fish is at the table!
Old 04-09-2004, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never commented when you lost all your stack against 74. Why should I do such a thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should you comment on him losing with 87? Apparently you did, though. Even if he is lying about you commenting on the 74s hand, you're a jackass for saying anything about anyone's play; especially making a comment like "You got what you deserved." Why not just keep your mouth shut and let people play? It's none of your business how someone else's money gets in the middle.

Cris, if you're telling the truth, post the hand number when where he made the comment about 74s. The chat would likely appear in the hand history from the next hand. If you're lying, you ought to be ashamed of yourself because that serves no purpose.

Oh, and don't let people put you on tilt with their chatter, that's just silly. Who cares what someone else says?

SpaceAce

Old 04-09-2004, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS. I can in fact prove what a big fish you are. Next time you play, notice how fast the waiting list for the table you are playing at grows. That is a sure sign that a monster fish is at the table!

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't it be good table selection on her part as well?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope everybody will now see the horrible person you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony at its finest
Old 04-10-2004, 06:45 AM

on the topic of 78o. after i read supersystem i started playing hands like this usually in late position facing limpers and raising which i think is the ideal way to play them and im still pretty sure they are negative value. i thought that suited didnt matter because an 8 high flush in my opinion of the time was no good anyway. so essentially now i only play hands like that when they are suited because they are slightly better, but more so to regulate myself from getting to far out of line. i like to raise so that if i do get to showdown my opponenets "know" i dont just raise with big hands. now more on point as we knew this ive all but quit playing them ever but in notice myself putting money in the pot with them when im slightly tilting (last night i played bad and twice noticed 89 in my hand on the flop and it cost me dearly, only a late night heads up session where 1010 busted my guy with A9 on a nine high flop saved me) so before i ramble on the essence is when i find myself playing these hands its not to vary my play its because im irritated.
=-jason