Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 07:28 PM

Default PSI Format: Question for Barry, Paul, David, Annie, Greg, et. al.

Hi All,

The PSI format seems very intriguing. For those who haven't seen it, as best I understand, the format works like this.

There are two(?) series, each of which has two preliminary rounds and one semi-final round. Each round is a one-table tournament. Players begin each preliminary round with equal chip stacks. The starting stacks for the semi-finals in each series are based on the players' finishes in the two preliminarie rounds of that series. Starting stacks for the final championship round are based on the players' finishes in the two semi-final rounds. Cash prizes are based on the players' finishes in the final championship round.

I think this is an intriguing format. It seems to diminish the luck factor somewhat, and reward consistency. Barry, what did you think of the format? And if anyone else has played in a similar format, what were your impressions?

Cris
Old 09-21-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Re: PSI Format: Question for Barry, Paul, David, Annie, Greg, et. al.

The format is neat but the blinds are raising far too fast. This is completely counterproductive to their entire goal of rewarding consistency, etc.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: PSI Format: Question for Barry, Paul, David, Annie, Greg, et. al.

[ QUOTE ]
The format is neat but the blinds are raising far too fast. This is completely counterproductive to their entire goal of rewarding consistency, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

How fast are the blinds going up? I know they start fairly high relative to the chip stacks but I don't think I heard how often they get raised. Its pretty much impossible to tell how much time passes between the hands that get televised.