Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 03:28 PM

Default diversity

I think that norake12 needs to play in a public cardroom. He/she will find that it's one of the most diverse environments possible in the US today.

Where else can you go where you'll find all races, genders and ages in one place? Not only that, you can leave untold amounts of money sitting on a table, leave for dinner, then come back and your money is still there.

-bdy
Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: diversity

ok, obviously, don't cheat. If you really think they are colluding, just don't invite them. If that won't happen, then don't play.

I think some people are wearing you out and missing the point. If those guys really are colluding and playing a shared bankroll, it is tough. In the hand mentioned (KK v. 3 trash hands), the stats say you're leading the hand, but you're not the favorite. You'll only win the 35% of the time. This is the "schooling" behavior most low-limit players are familiar with. Those 3 callers collectively, are the favorite, and if they are truly colluding, it doesn't matter which wins.

I'd try to get some big raises in preflop. Do they ALL call? because all three would have to call for this to really work. I mean if you go all in preflop and they all 3 call with jt, 47, 68, etc., it's pretty obvious. I wouldn't invite them back.

For those that may not understand the concept of the colluders, I'll offer this match. You play heads up against me in the NL game, 1/2, $200 max buy in. You can reload when you bust out. I, however, get to play three hands. (with buy ins for each). You get KK every other hand, and then a random hand. I will win money over the nite.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: 3 guys playing together in our home game....

[ QUOTE ]
Racists/bigots always start out, "I'm not a racist, but...."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha nice. Was it Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle (one of those BLACK comedians obviously) who said, I hear these guys going, "I'm not a racist, I've had four black people in my house." followed by, "If you know the number of black people you've ever had in your house you're racist as a mother*%@%er." ?

BTW I've read SS but not in a while and I don't remember Brunson makiung any comments about black guys so I'd really like someone to post it or at least give me a page number before I start skimming the text.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:28 PM

They don't ALL call all the time, but 2/3 always do. And sometimes they are all in the pot. Esp. if they have a face card. There are only a handful of hands that they throw away. We played last night and this f_ucker raised PF $17 in a 1-2 NL game with Q2 of hearts. I had 55 and knew I had the best hand going in. I knew he was raising with crap so I pushed it all in for about $70. He CALLS!!! Flop comes 822, turn and river don't matter at this point. That's the s_hit I'm talking about.

I ended up even last night, so that's ok. I'm just hoping the odds will turn around in my favor so I can smash them at some point.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those that may not understand the concept of the colluders, I'll offer this match. You play heads up against me in the NL game, 1/2, $200 max buy in. You can reload when you bust out. I, however, get to play three hands. (with buy ins for each). You get KK every other hand, and then a random hand. I will win money over the nite.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is completely wrong. Assuming you do not know I am getting KK every other hand, you will be in a huge -EV situation. You may be 65% to win, but you pay three times as much money to play. I am constantly amazed at the complete misunderstanding of poker some people here show, when it gets explained over and over and over in this very thread.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't ALL call all the time, but 2/3 always do. And sometimes they are all in the pot. Esp. if they have a face card. There are only a handful of hands that they throw away. We played last night and this f_ucker raised PF $17 in a 1-2 NL game with Q2 of hearts. I had 55 and knew I had the best hand going in. I knew he was raising with crap so I pushed it all in for about $70. He CALLS!!! Flop comes 822, turn and river don't matter at this point. That's the s_hit I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is really just bad beat whining? If you can't handle this, you really shouldn't be playing this game. I suspect that you are picking a few hands where you got drawn out on and posting them, and ignoring all the hands you completely misplay. Your lack of knowledge about the fundamentals of poker makes it almost certain that you are playing a lot of hands wrong. Study more, cry less.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not accept that match-up. In a 10 person game though, 3 random hands calling PF to any raise are ok.

If you have 3 colluders at the table, then it's a very bad situation. At that point it's no longer poker. It has become a different game of who can cheat the most. If it's colluders, don't invite them.

Otherwise, our hero, if you want to call him that, is complaining about 3 black guys, with him and his buddies wanting to bust them out. Our hero then proposes that the 7 white guys then collude to bust out the black guys. Racist or what?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 PM

I can't remember if it's in SS1 or SS2 but he does make some racial observations at the table. I believe he says that black guys are more likely to bluff, and that asians generally play tighter.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 PM

for the record, I was incorrect and not thinking clearly. you were right, I was wrong. As I thought about it, I saw you were correct. Just to prove it to myself, I whipped up a quick java program to simulate. I simplified: KK v. 4 random hands, each start with 200 chips. all in every hand. I gave 35% to the kings, and the remaining % of wins thru the other 4 hands. The KK comes out ahead every time. way ahead.

On an indivdual hand, the implicit colusion in schooling is nasty, but it's not an effective colluding strategy.

In the case of this guy, if they all tend to call a standard raise, and then the one who gets something on the flop stays, it could work though.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember if it's in SS1 or SS2 but he does make some racial observations at the table. I believe he says that black guys are more likely to bluff, and that asians generally play tighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the OP was basically just trying to come up with something to say to convince us he's not a racist, not that I care if he is or not, because a person's bluffing likelihood obviously has nothing to do with the situation he's describing. However I like having people who bluff too much in my games so again this OP is describing (and complaining about) a Utopian poker game where any tight aggressive player with a clue could earn enough money for a new car.