Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2004, 06:23 AM

Default Re: From small stakes to mid-limit and high limit.

I set up an account at an online site about 14 months ago for 2k and played 3/6. I ran very good against very bad players over a period of about 100 hours of play. It only took about that long to put my bankroll up to about 5k and at that point I switched to playing the 5/10 6-player tables. Please note again the luck involved. It could easily have gone the other way too.

For the next eight or nine months of playing 2-3 hours a day I stayed at 5/10 though sometimes I'd check out the 10/20 or 15/30 tables but mostly I was happy where I was. I like a really big bankroll in relation to the limit I play but that's just me.

Recently my account surpassed 15k so I felt forced to raise up in limits again. I now play the shorter tables at 15/30 and am so far breaking about even but I don't have many hours at that limit yet so it's hard to tell whether I'll be successful there. I'm getting more confident about the swings so I guess I'll be okay.

Legian