Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Eight Steps To Destroy America

[ QUOTE ]
None, nor do I want to. If they're crossing the borders illegally and can't handle the process like responsible adults, I don't want them here. I'm sure they're really contributing to society when their first act here is a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

They "commit the crime" because AMERICAN business owners like to pay them less than theyd pay an honest american. Are you really this naive?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:38 PM

First of all, it's Victor Davis Hanson, not Victor Hansen Davis.

Second of all Politics.

man, I really want to respond to this(especially the China reference) and get in a nice immigration debate, but alas..... POLITICS.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They "commit the crime" because AMERICAN business owners like to pay them less than theyd pay an honest american. Are you really this naive?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if they weren't here, they couldn't do that...now could they?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
None, nor do I want to. If they're crossing the borders illegally and can't handle the process like responsible adults, I don't want them here. I'm sure they're really contributing to society when their first act here is a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hrm....you can still become an American citizen. And then you are gaurunteed a minumum wage. And dont put that [censored] in quotes, it is a crime. A crime in which, Im proud to say, my Grandparents were not selfish and stupid enough to commit.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, stop talking... seriously
Old 09-12-2005, 02:40 PM

I'm really thinking, too. The words "racist xenophobe." I guess I'm already brainwashed by the conspiracy, though, because I see that those are precisely the words that I've been conditioned to think when I read a stirring call to defend race and culture, just like this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Aaaaaanyway.

The historical analysis contained in this piece is just laughable. In fact, the great empires of history - Rome, Persia, Britain, the Caliphates, the Ottomans, Austria-Hungary, and so on - as an absolute necessity relied on the tolerance of cultural diversity, indirect rule, and the preservation of local language and tradition. The idea is to offer one's subjects nothing to gain and everything to lose by revolt. Mutually hostile ethnic groups traditionally don't start slaughtering one another in the streets until after imperial decline - see Tito's Yugoslavia.

In addition, I would humbly point out that the United States doesn't fall under the aegis of this Lipset cat's rules for societies, because the United States isn't any of the rest of those bullshit countries. America is not an arbitrary set of borders enclosing the home field of some random tribe. America is the greatest political idea to date in the history of man. We don't have people sitting and brooding over some [censored] Serbian battlefield from the fourteenth century, unless you're really creeped out by Civil War re-enactors. As real as racial tensions are in this country, we ain't got [censored] on much of the rest of the world.

I confess my own prejudice: I think people who worry seriously about the preservation of their own "race" and "culture" are perhaps the most fearful, hateful, gullible, and least useful people on earth, so I'll be skipping along the rest of this.

FYI: Greece beat the [censored] out of Persia. There was Thermopylae and Marathon and the fleet at Salamis and all that [censored]. It was touch and go for a while, but they got it done. That's the whole point. Their PWNAGE came much later. The OP's characterization of Greece as a nation is just absurd, anyway. No such consciousness existed, well, anywhere; large territories were unified only by the will of tyrants.

In closing, the "chilling narrative" style of this little gem is just perfect.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's true, but not for the reasons given in that article/speech. the real problem is that this country is full of retards, and many of those who aren't retarded don't vote.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, Im done arguing with lobotomy candidates...

[ QUOTE ]
Please, stop talking... seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I sincerely hope a bunch of illegal immigrants start making their way toward the currently safe Colorado. When your crime rate goes up and no one on your street speaks English, your tune will change. And don't give me some moral highground response either. They're criminals...they should be treated as such.

Excellent post. Just freaking excellent.