Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: 1,000% Sign Up Bonus and $12/ per hour per table

I can tell you for a fact they rake if there is no flop.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:26 PM

I really hope this site takes off. Six bucks per hour for playing 2/4 sounds good to me. Plus a $5,000 bonus. Plus the opportunity to be an affiliate. Lets get some players there!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope this site takes off. Six bucks per hour for playing 2/4 sounds good to me. Plus a $5,000 bonus. Lets get some players there!

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:19 AM

I'm more interested in the VFP program than the bonus itself. You get paid 3 SB per table per hour just to play, so if you were to 8-table 3/6 you would end up earning $9/hour x 8 tables = $72/hour just by playing break even poker.

Of course the caveat right now is that you actually need to have 8 tables available to play on.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:28 AM

Hence the need for more players.

Unlimited tables could be a money making machine at any level if you can play break even.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is still some confusion here. The issue isn't whether the pot is raked at $5 or even what percentage of hands are raked. What matters (as far as clearing the bonus goes) is what percentage of hands are raked for at least 50-cents, since anything below that doesn't earn points. It would be nice to know this for the various table limits.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is not some big mystery in LHE. average pots will generally be between 6-7BB's, so you can hit the minimum 50c rake ($10 pot) a majority of the time at $1/2 (50c/$1 NL) limits and up. you don't need a fancy BW-style chart to figure it out.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't own Poker Tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's probably a big part of it.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hence the need for more players.

Unlimited tables could be a money making machine at any level if you can play break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a prop program. They're not going to keep doing it once it's not needed anymore.

Players, nice post, but I don't think Absolute is as generous as all that.

If you played a ten handed game where the pot was raked for .25 every time it would come out to a 400% bonus, but if you play short handed, or if the pot is sometimes raked for more than a quarter, it'll be less than that.

If the average rake at 3/6 was $2, and you played 8 handed (Absolute only seats 9) your share of the rake would be .25, but the bonus for the hand would only be .10, or 40%.

At GG, though, you'd get .15 for a two dollar rake, which would be 60% rb at the same 8-player table, plus an extra $9 per hour on top of that. If you figure 30 raked hands an hour, that comes to another .30 per hand, or almost 200%.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Players, nice post, but I don't think Absolute is as generous as all that.
If you played a ten handed game where the pot was raked for .25 every time it would come out to a 400% bonus, but if you play short handed, or if the pot is sometimes raked for more than a quarter, it'll be less than that.

[/ QUOTE ]
hey weren't you loving Absolute's rake/bonus system just 3 weeks ago?

the 400% figure I quoted for Absolute was max theoretical (actually it's closer to 360% but I was generalizing at the time). 200% rakeback equivalent across all limits on GG would be nice but keep these two factors in mind:

a) you're correct that GG's bonus pays better at higher limits than Absolute's flat 10c per hand. but you were already complaining about the lack of $3/6 tables on AP, you think there's gonna be even more action on gamesgrid? add in the 25% Absolute rakeback which doesn't deduct from MGR and I'd say it's a tossup.

b) like you said, the prop/VFP system could easily be done away with once the site feels it has enough players to sustain itself. take that 1.5BB/hr away and that is 100% full rakeback gone...leaving just the 90% max theo from the original FPP deal. also, people in this thread have reported e-mailing GG to set up their VFP status and heard nothing as of yet, nor have they received any actual bonus or prop payments yet. so don't count chickens before they're hatched.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:16 AM

read one of my earlier posts - I've gotten my VFP confirm and some piddly bonus earned.

When I get back in town middle of the week (leaving this AM), hopefully, my 1G of RAM will have arrived and I can start BW the rest of AP and try the VFP at GG for the rest of the week.

I'll play beta tester for the week. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 PM

I am in....

Once a gamble always a gambler... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]