Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 09:57 AM

Default JJ looks good but...

SB 27%/14%/11.0 - 70 hands (can't find the call button?)
Hero 20%/6%/1.6

PartyPoker $1/$2 Hold'em (9 handed) Converter

PreFlop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG3 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls

Flop: (13 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0000FF"> (3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0000FF"> (2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0000FF"> (2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: JJ looks good but...

You should have reraise UTG3(?) PF before SB reraised him.

Other than that I like the flop cap. It looks like he doesn't care what you have. I'd just call down.

You have a chance of winning and I'd be interested to see what he bets so aggressively like that.

It looks like he's sporting AA, KK, or QQ though.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 AM

"UTG3 raises, MP1 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, SB raises, BB folds, UTG3 3-bets"?

Did UTG open raise or limp? Whether he did or not, why didn't hero raise?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM

*grunch*

Hey bz!

Pre-Flop: I probably would have RR'd with JJ. But in light of the raising war that followed, your call is probably ok. FWIW, with that much action pre-flop even vs. maniacs I would want the flop to hit me pretty hard. Do you have a read on UTG3?

Flop: The raise to protect is ok. I probably only would have called the 3-bet however.

Turn: Call is ok.

River: You've gone this far, you gotta call. Since no overcards have fallen does anyone recommend a raise?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:15 AM

I would have re-raised preflop. You should prefer to play this hand heads up against the original raiser, as opposed to in a multiway pot.

I would also have raised SB's flop bet, as he may have been making a continuation bet with unimproved overcards, such as AK.

However, I would have called SB's flop 3-bet as opposed to capping. SB's 3-bet suggested that he may have had an overpair to your JJ, but you had 6 outs twice to the straight or trips.

SB was unlikely to fold to your flop cap, and you were already heads up at that stage. So I would have called down after SB's flop 3-bet.

The pot was big on both the turn and river, you had an overpair that may have been the best hand, and your opponent was overly aggressive. So I would have called both the turn and river bets.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But in light of the raising war that followed, your call is probably ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this might be considered results oriented. I would recommend a reraise here with JJ no matter what happens after you. Unless you are against the rock of all rocks of course.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:19 PM

Definitely need to Re-Raise with JJ preflop, and I like the flop...I would probably play the hand the same as you on the turn and than I would call his river bet...what would everyone do if SB checked the river?

Hades18
Old 11-03-2005, 12:24 PM

hi

you must 3-bet preflop.

i think i would call sb's 3-bet on the flop, since utg3 folded. then i'd raise the turn on a good card, like the 5 was. and call down from there.

if the read is realiable (70 hands is not much) then he's way overaggressive and you likely still have the best hand a lot of the time.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:30 PM

1) Raise preflop
2) Actually, now that I look at it, the preflop part is messed up. If UTG raised, then SB should 3 bet and UTG cap, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll assume it got capped since there's 13 sb on the flop.
3) Flop raise with overpair and gutshot is good.
4) Call down after that. You're probably behind to AA-QQ, but if SB is uber-aggressive as you say, he might just be betting AK, AQ, or even AT, especially since you showed no strength preflop.
5) Can't believe you're asking for advice on the river--this is by far the easiest street. You're not seriously thinking of folding an overpair for 1 bet in a 13BB pot, are you? You only need to be good like 7% of the time.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:35 PM

I think you have to reraise preflop, but it kinda depends on your read on UTG+3, i wouldn't reraise a rock.

The flop cap is ok. I mean are there any hands this guy wouldn't raise? Given you read he could have many hands that you have beaten.

Not sure if i call or raise the turn against him. Maybe i'm too scared to raise.

The river is a clear call given the size of the pot.