Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 07:33 AM

Default I think my QQ are second best but should I fold?

Microlimit Hold'em (10 handed), very loose, mostly fish. I am using PT Game Time but only have a few hands of villain's play.

I know SSHE says you should stay in a big pot if you've got even a small chance, but my question is simply should I have folded earlier?

FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, [color=#CC3333]CO raises</font>, Button calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, [color=#CC3333]CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

At this point I suspect villian to have AA or KK. With JJ he wouldn't have capped.

Flop: (24 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](5 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, [color=#CC3333]CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

I am more convinced villain has AA or KK.

Turn: (16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, [color=#CC3333]CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

What else could villain have but AA or KK.

River: (20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, [color=#CC3333]CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 23 BB

PS How can I remove those "(color=#)"?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Re: I think my QQ are second best but should I fold?

*grunch*

Hey John!

Pre-Flop: Well played, you should cap and call with QQ everytime. Don't assume he doesn't have JJ. I've seen donks cap with TT, AK, and less.

Flop: Since you are OOP and it will be hard to protect your hand by simpling betting out - I would have considered a check/raise. If he does have AA/KK this may get some of the other hangers on to fold and give you a better chance against the CO. This post is already to big to fold, especially holding QQ.

Turn: I hate to go passive with QQ, but I also hate all the overcallers. You definitely cannot fold.

River: Crying call is still good since this pot is so big.

I don't see a fold.

To get rid of the color codes - make sure in the converter you have the type set to 2+2. If it still doesn't work just erase them after you paste it from the converter to the forum.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:18 AM

I think you're in chack calling mode on this hand - sucks but what can you do.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:31 AM

You cannot fold here with this board. I would also raise the turn to force any loose overcards into making a bad call or folding. Any line you come up with that makes you fold this hand, with that board, before the river, is quite simply wrong.

You offered no reads here but I am calling down every time in this spot. If CO had stats like 15/4/0 I would still call it down but would expect to lose.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I remove those "(color=#)"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Highlight with your mouse; press delete.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but only have a few hands of villain's play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well since you hardly played any hands on this player you cant have any good reads on him...so what makes you think he can only have capped the flop with AA or KK...He could have capped with AK, and a lot of players cap with JJ, and at microlimits I have seen people cap with any 2suitedcards...A lot of players keep their AK to the river cause they cant lay it down..Personally I would 3-bet the flop and see how he reacts than I go from there...There is no way I would laid this down at any point in the hand..

Hades18
Old 11-03-2005, 12:40 PM

To fix the colors, examine the converter page and look for the pull-down menu which contains "2+2 forums".

Why are you betting the flop? What does it accomplish?

Also, if you have "only a few hands of villain's play", why are you so convinced he won't cap JJ? And why would he only play AA/KK like this?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen donks cap with TT, AK, and less.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, somebody capping TT or AK preflop is a donk? What about AKs? AQs? KQs? What about if you've been observing the table for a while and noticed that it's full of weak-tighties who fold hands like QQ to aggression on the turn and river?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...only have a few hands of villain's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold a big PP (&gt;=JJ, and especially if it's an overpair)at any point during a hand with no more read than this, you're probably making a pretty big mistake.

Preflop is fine. When CO caps preflop and the flop doesn't give you a set, check-call down, IMO, unless an overcard falls and then reevaluate.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 PM

I think you played this hand fine. I like the flop bet to get some dead money in the pot with so many people playing, plus if CO isn't capping with a monster, he may check this through, fearing a check-raise from you. Once he raises, I'm more convinced that we're behind.

Since you are still multiway on the turn, I'd think about leading the turn, too. That may be putting too much in at this point, but there's still some money coming from the other players drawing, and although CO could have AA or KK, he could also have a bunch of hands you're still ahead of that he raised on the flop for a free turn.

As for the color codes, there are a couple ways you can get rid of them. First on the converters, specify 2+2 format. Second, use preview mode, and if it doesn't look right, just delete them.