Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Two live hands

10/20 live. I nice game with a couple of passives and a couple of goofballs. Villian in both hands is one of the goofballs. He is loose pre flop but tricky and aggressive. He has 3-bet pre flop quite a bit almost never cold calling a raise. The only 3-betting hand i have seen him show down was 99.

Hand #1

Pre flop: folds to me on the button and i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], sb calls, bb(villian) 3-bets, i call and sb calls.

Flop(3 players 9sb): 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Sb checks, bb bets, I?

Peel, raise or fold here?

Hand #2

Pre flop: utg(villian) raises, folds to me in the sb and i call with 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], bb folds.

Flop(2 players 5sb): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, villian checks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Turn(2 players 2.5bb): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check/fold

Okay i cold called pre flop and checked the flop hoping to set up a check/raise on a favorable flop. The turn card blows but does anyone prefer bet/fold here?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Two live hands

hand 1: cap that [censored] preflop as everyone's range has been expanded since you opened on the button. As played peel this flop and think about taking your hand to showdown depending on the turn card/action.

hand 2: 3-bets preflop. As played check/folding the turn looks like the right thing as you are now beating nothing expect a few pocket pairs.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Hand 1:
I think folding is bad. I'll probably raise this to kill SB's odds for a gutshot/2pair/overcard draws in addition to gaining value with A-high/overcards/backdoor flush/st draws.

Hand 2:
With loose standards preflop, I'll be 3betting preflop most of the time. Flop is creative, but I think the turn c/f is fine. This might also be a good spot to run a complete bluff, but it's hard to follow up OOP on the river if he calls. The board is pretty moist by the turn, so c/fing might be best.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:21 PM

Hand 1 I cap it preflop and raise the flop. Folding is too weak. Hand 2 I don't know. I would have 3 bet it preflop and then bet out on the flop. Hand plays differently once you 3-bet preflop.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:24 PM

#1 I like capping preflop because it is the best hand often enough, plus for psychological value. on the flop I think I peel with outs and backdoor outs. whether I raise the turn unimproved depends on my impression of the goofball, so I can't say anything definite

#2 Turn:
The villian may just be betting because you showed weakness. Depends on the read, but folding is the default option, but if he is loose and aggressive enough, you can call down unless the river is K or Q or club to encourage bluffs when ahead or loose the least when behind.

#2 Prior: bet the flop. You want to know where you stand.
Preflop: I say usually reraise here to knock out the BB