Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:47 PM

Default LRR\'d with AKo

I really really hated being in this hand. I still suck at 5/10, I can tell I'm not doing things I'd normally do in 2/4. I really had no plan for this hand other than to change my pants afterwards, so flame away on all streets. On the flop, I did feel it was WA/WB.

Villian was something like 40/4/.8.

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Nimbus is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Nimbus calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Nimbus calls.

River: (7.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Nimbus says O RLY? and calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: LRR\'d with AKo

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, I did feel it was WA/WB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you felt WA/WB on the flop then the river changed absolutely nothing.

Rob
Old 12-06-2005, 05:54 PM

yeah i'm with entity. if you're just calling down you're saying you fear AA/AK/KK a lot. that A does nothing for you.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:58 PM

I figured I was way behind to AA, and way ahead to something like QQ JJ TT. Yeah, the river didn't really change anything, but it made me think I was much more likely way ahead because now that that Ace is out there, the chances of him having AA is seemingly weaker. Bad reasoning?

EDIT: for some reason during the hand, KK did not cross my mind. Man I mutilated this.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you felt WA/WB on the flop then the river changed absolutely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It made AA less likely, and you no longer have to worry about folding QQ or JJ because you've gotten everything you can from them.

/mc
Old 12-06-2005, 05:59 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

I would raise the flop and call down after he three bet. I've seen too many retarded LRR especially if u've been aggressive lately. After the flop 3 bet, i start to believe him, but still don't fold. I thinkn putting in 3 bets on any big street is v. bad. I like to just get my bets in on the flop and then call down.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:01 PM

I like that plan much better.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:30 PM

Although his hand is often AA, KK, AK, sometimes he will do this with other things. Because of that, I either raise the flop, or raise the turn. Raising the flop is cheaper because if you get 3-bet, you can just call down from there. If you get 3-bet on your turn raise, it kinda sucks, but you gotta call down anyway. Given that you didn't raise anywhere, I do think the raise on the river is fine. There are 4 combos left of AK, and only 1 each of AA and KK. He could still have a different hand at this point to.

[ QUOTE ]
Nimbus says O RLY? and calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my favorite part of the hand. YA RLY.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:40 PM

Im prolly just calling the river bet, I think your WB, to a set, AA, or kk, AK is splitting, what other hands is he capping here? These hands just happen, doesnt matter the level, learn from it and save a bet or 2 next time, you didnt play it that bad
Old 12-06-2005, 06:47 PM

LRR is as often something retarded as it is something decent. I like to figure out which it is ASAP so I raise the flop. If he tells me a K is no good, I call down.